Fiat Coupe Club UK

...and four spiders online

Posted By: barnacle

...and four spiders online - 10/03/2015 10:24

click to enlarge
Posted By: one4seven

Re: ...and four spiders online - 10/03/2015 10:29

Nuke it from orbit, its the only way to be sure.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ...and four spiders online - 10/03/2015 13:34

That's all spiders!!

Eggs must have hatched.
Posted By: ali_hire

Re: ...and four spiders online - 10/03/2015 15:24

What the eff!!!

Set fire to your house.

Re: ...and four spiders online - 10/03/2015 15:35

Pleased to say it's not my house. Some Australian chappie whose electrickery company declined to read the meter...
Posted By: Possum

Re: ...and four spiders online - 11/03/2015 05:59

Looks like a Huntsman spider which can grow to the size of one's hand and they are not poisonous. Great to have around the house to catch annoying insects.

Yes, I also recognise the "energex" logo on the supply meter. They are one of our local suppliers.
Posted By: Submariner

Re: ...and four spiders online - 14/03/2015 20:44

That is terrifying, Im a girls blouse with spiders.

Re: ...and four spiders online - 14/03/2015 22:00

Meh, my mate walked through a spiders web the size of a garage door when we were in Oz - kinda Indianna Jones style. Luckily no bites. Not even sure what spider it was but fairly large!

Re: ...and four spiders online - 14/03/2015 22:13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU

Re: ...and four spiders online - 15/03/2015 04:34

Nobby, It was probably a Golden Orb spider that spin a very large web with a gold tinge. I have a couple of large webs over my back fence in a green belt along a creek.

Great to watch them whilst having a "Cuppa".

Have a look at this. You will notice a photo of one with a grasshopper/locust which will indicate its size. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_silk_orb-weaver

Re: ...and four spiders online - 15/03/2015 06:44

Originally Posted By: Wikipedia
In 2012 a large individual was photographed killing and consuming a half-metre-long brown tree snake in Freshwater, Queensland.

My word, where did the spider put it? How long did it take?

Re: ...and four spiders online - 15/03/2015 07:11

We certainly have some very interesting (and very poisonous) spiders "Downunder".

The Redback and various species of the Funnel Web come to mind. I've seen all of these, and if left alone they are no problem.

Re: ...and four spiders online - 15/03/2015 07:56

How does it go? All snakes in Australia are fatally poisonous except one, and that's been eaten by the spiders?
Posted By: bruce01

Re: ...and four spiders online - 15/03/2015 10:25

Blimey!!!!!!! Don't know what I would do with that.

I don't mind spiders that much, but I don't know how I would feel living around ones this size!! shocked

I really dislike wasps and hornets. Then you would see me running around like a big girls blouse!!! Lol smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK