Fiat Coupe Club UK

Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Posted By: Carlscott

Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 02/05/2015 13:48

So who's your money on guys and more importantly who's going to stay up for it?

4am for the main event ooo I've ordered it and got friends coming round at midnight! Which is way past my bedtime so il probably fall asleep at about 12:08

Pacquiao to get the knockout if not Mayweather to win on points.
Posted By: chrissy

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 02/05/2015 13:55

I hate them both, But I would love Mayweather to get knocked out, in the 2nd round according to a dream last night.
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 02/05/2015 14:42

Pacman in the 6th
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 02/05/2015 14:50

Fight should start sometime after 04:30.

Mayweather will win this comfortably. Most likely on points.
Posted By: ali_hire

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 02/05/2015 15:10

I'll be staying up (or, more likely, falling asleep and waking up).

I'd love Manny to win but I just don't see it happening. Mayweather is too difficult to hit and I think he'll do it on points.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 02/05/2015 17:54

I'll be staying up, I hope Mayweather gets knocked out.
Posted By: JKD

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 02/05/2015 19:05

Have you seen how much money they are each making from the fight? They're both winners.
Posted By: chrissy

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 02/05/2015 20:13

£200m, madness!

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 02/05/2015 20:17

I would happily let either of them knock me out for half that!

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 02/05/2015 22:19

Thought it was 74 and 54 whether / pacman?
Alot of money for a single match, I'd be tempted to throw it after 30 seconds, cash my cheque and smile!

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 03/05/2015 01:25

Most of us for whom that kind of money is a distant dream would happily lose the fight and cash the cheque. But for these guys, it's about so much more.

Mayweather claims he only cares about the money and doesn't give a shit about the accolades. If that were true he'd take a knee in the first round and buy a few more planes.

Neither wants to lose but I think Paquiao wants it more. He gave in to Mayweather's silly demands so now there is no excuse. If Floyd loses, he's lost, fair and square, no argument.

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 03/05/2015 06:32

Predictable.

The record books might put him up there with best, but those in the know will remember that he is a boring fighter who shunned any real competition and played a terribly dull avoidance game.

Surely a combat sport should favour the aggressor?

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 03/05/2015 11:39

I personally believe this type of fight is what's killing public interest in boxing and turning more people on to the UFC in particular and cage fighting in general.

Boxing is the fighting equal of football at the upper echelons, so far removed from joe public as it's possible to be imho.

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 03/05/2015 12:32

Just watched the re-run, agree with Ali and Proccy.

I can't remember Manny being on the ropes at all, Maywether was constantly on the ropes just dodging blows. I know this is his tactic and it is a way of tiring the opponent out etc but it is boring.

Maywether may have won the boxing match but for me Manny won the fight.

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 03/05/2015 18:41

Originally Posted By: Pinnin

Maywether may have won the boxing match but for me Manny won the fight.

Agreed, really not worth the headache this morning
Posted By: Robotrish

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 03/05/2015 19:09

I too expected more, especially from Pacquiao! I knew what we would get from the slick operator that pretty boy is, he is good, you don't go undefeated in the pro game without being so. It's the obnoxious behaviour that people don't like.
Would love to see a Mayweather v Khan fight.
Posted By: knight7660

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 03/05/2015 21:08

Pacman was cheated out of a win mayweather was on the back foot the whole fight and shouldn't of got the win at all the score cards were a joke
Posted By: Robotrish

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 03/05/2015 22:12

From memory I believe that Jim Watt scored it similar to the official result, and he knows The fight game

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 03/05/2015 23:20

Apparently Mayweather has said he won't fight Khan, not a big enough name.

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 03/05/2015 23:43

Didn't bother even considering watching this. It was always going to be Mayweather on points. Neither has the ability to knock out any more. Now if it had been 5 years ago...

With the depth of British boxing at the moment, and the match-ups available, that was a second-rate fight (at least in terms of entertainment).

Mayweather is scared of Khan as he knows one wrong move and his perfect record has gone. Run away, run away.

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - 04/05/2015 08:52

PBF won. You don't watch him for blood and guts, you watch him for a defensive master class. Only the purists enjoy his work. I had Floyd winning clearly. If you want to watch all out wars you missed a great one last week in Matthysse v Provodnikov.

https://youtu.be/tB4MNu5A90Y

Also I work in professional boxing so if anyone wants discounted tickets to any professional shows around the midlands drop me a PM.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK