'Parcel shelf' tat rant

Posted By: Anonymous

'Parcel shelf' tat rant - 31/05/2015 19:59

Why?
Please add things hanging off mirrors.
click to enlarge
Posted By: barnacle

Re: 'Parcel shelf' tat rant - 31/05/2015 21:06

Hah. One of my colleagues at work drives a merc - with two panama hats on the parcel shelf.

A certain amount of derision attaches...
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: 'Parcel shelf' tat rant - 01/06/2015 10:51

I confess to an ironic nodding dalmatian on the dashboard of my Coupé, but it was bought to aid a guide dog charity, so I actually quite liked it.

For me the worst thing is tissue boxes in little knitted houses.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: 'Parcel shelf' tat rant - 01/06/2015 10:58

I also fall in the category of having lots of 'crap' on my LE dash, including a pair of black and red fluffy dice shocked

In my defence they do match my interior colour scheme laugh

Re: 'Parcel shelf' tat rant - 01/06/2015 11:10

There’s a dead fly trapped in the top brake light on mine. Does that count?

(Thinking on it, maybe this belonged in the Wing Mirror Spider thread …)
Posted By: Nigel

Re: 'Parcel shelf' tat rant - 01/06/2015 12:16

Originally Posted By: poprock
There’s a dead fly trapped in the top brake light on mine. Does that count?

It wasn't dead when we sold the car to you.... You haven't been feeding it, have you? I'm worried that your wingmirror spider will be similarly neglected wink

Re: 'Parcel shelf' tat rant - 01/06/2015 13:27

I didn’t know how to open up the light unit to get food in … the poor thing wasted away.

(You should have seen my old MX-6. There was a whole colony of spiders living in the spoiler. Webs all the way along it …)
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: 'Parcel shelf' tat rant - 01/06/2015 13:46

click to enlarge
Posted By: jimboy

Re: 'Parcel shelf' tat rant - 01/06/2015 14:52

Aye parcel shelf hats. Back in the early 80's when the oil yards were at their peak it was the norm for managers with gold hard hats & some supervisors with white hard hats to leave them on "show" in the back window complete with ticker tape title stuck on for all to read & bathe in their greatness.... rolleyes The managers were supplied with company cars. This was the Yank way, who left a lasting impression on some sad individuals.

I was not a cynic back then, it's only now that I look back & think...oh deary me.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK