Fiat Coupe Club UK

US GP

Posted By: bezzer

US GP - 23/10/2015 09:02

I would have thought all the Lewis fanboys would be super excited at the possibility of him being crowned World Champion for a 3rd time this weekend!

Up there with Sir Jackie.....

For a modern circuit, the one at Austin is pretty good. I hope we get a good race.

Quali
-----

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Bottas

Race
----

1. Hamilton
2. Vettel
3. Bottas

Rosberg will have another car problem.
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: US GP - 23/10/2015 09:21

I really like the COTA - as you say, for a modern circuit it has some character.

If Hamilton wins it this weekend, it would be impossible to say he hasn't deserved it - he's been very, very good this year. Obviously, having the best car hasn't held him back, but I think even if it were a one-make series, Hamilton would probably have had the legs on his rivals.

I think Rosberg has let the title go, but he often comes back from a setback with a strong performance. If he doesn't suffer from the curse of bezzer(!), I think he might do well.
Posted By: Blueboyracer

Re: US GP - 23/10/2015 09:33

Originally Posted By: bezzer
I would have thought all the Lewis fanboys would be super excited at the possibility of him being crowned World Champion for a 3rd time this weekend!

I for one am getting excited about Lewis getting the job done this weekend... Can't wait to watch feed this evening
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: US GP - 23/10/2015 10:13

Lewis certainly deserves it - no-one can argue with that surely...?
Posted By: Begbie

Re: US GP - 23/10/2015 10:30

It's looking like it's going to be a wet one, Ferrari have got 10 grid place penalties for a new spec engine, Alonso is going to be running the new spec Honda engine all weekend and Red Bull still haven't announced if they are going to take the upgraded Renault engine yet.

Should make this weekend an interesting one and potentially Hamilton to take the WDC

Re: US GP - 23/10/2015 10:33

Originally Posted By: Begbie
It's looking like it's going to be a wet one, Ferrari have got 10 grid place penalties for a new spec engine, Alonso is going to be running the new spec Honda engine all weekend and Red Bull still haven't announced if they are going to take the upgraded Renault engine yet.

Should make this weekend an interesting one and potentially Hamilton to take the WDC

Absolutely! Lots to look out for.

Re: US GP - 23/10/2015 10:52

Originally Posted By: MeanRedSpider
Lewis certainly deserves it - no-one can argue with that surely...?

Nope, not at all.

Still can't stand him though!

Re: US GP - 24/10/2015 06:36

Well, this is looking like it could be a wash-out. The rain during FP2 was biblical
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: US GP - 24/10/2015 08:31

Could this be the first GP to be totally washed out? This Hurricane storm system is a monster

Re: US GP - 24/10/2015 20:21

So no Saturday qualy! Have to hope the weather breaks in the morning.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: US GP - 25/10/2015 16:21

Still chucking it down with Q3 binned.......... Hope Sainz's car makes the race....
Posted By: PeteP

Re: US GP - 25/10/2015 20:57

That was a fantastic race.

Re: US GP - 25/10/2015 21:06

Incredible
Posted By: ali_hire

Re: US GP - 25/10/2015 21:19

Great race. Rosberg is NOT happy.

Re: US GP - 26/10/2015 06:22

Rosberg is looking like a sulky child! The face on the podium would have curdled cheese smile if roles had been reversed at turn one would he have had the same outlook?

The fact he gifted Lewis the win at the end is more likely what upset him. Great race and Verstappen was really on a charge.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: US GP - 26/10/2015 06:25

I rest my case: in a grip-limited race we actually got some racing - it's time Bernie realised that he doesn't need to spray the tracks with water, or fool around with required pitstops or tyres that don't work ten minutes after they come out of the shop, or that ridiculous flap on the back to make an exciting race, he needs to lose the grip everywhere.

Lose the bloody aero, Bernie.

Re: US GP - 26/10/2015 06:36

If you lose the aero, doesn't it then just become GP2? Or Indy?

Re: US GP - 26/10/2015 07:29

It looks like Bernie and Todt are trying to turn it into Indy anyway with the standard engine idea.
Highly entertaining race and drama right up to the moment Rosberg threw it away. Even then, Vettel's charge kept the interest in the championship nominally alive.

Watching the highlights, drivers kept leaping up and down the order - especially the Toro Rossos!

Nice to see McLaren actually racing a few cars briefly, though the upgrades to Alonso's car didn't seem too impressive...

Re: US GP - 26/10/2015 08:06

Yep great race with actual overtaking! At the end of the day when it really mattered Rosberg as much as I like him faltered whenever the pressure was on - has happened most of the season to be honest. Congrats to Lewis. Max and Carlos definately deserve a place in F1 - great to see McLaren back up there and I cannot recall the last time 8 cars failed to finish.
Posted By: Blueboyracer

Re: US GP - 26/10/2015 09:15

Engaging from start to finish, really making up for poor qualifying - nice having qually and race on same day again smile

Re: US GP - 26/10/2015 17:08

I like Toto W and I also like to think he's the same in real life as he comes across

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/34640716

Re: US GP - 26/10/2015 17:18

I just read this and thought exactly the same, MRS. That's how a racing team should be run.

Re: US GP - 26/10/2015 17:44

Wolff for f1 president!!

Re: US GP - 26/10/2015 17:52

Yep agreed - You cannot blame Rosberg for being pee'd off after throwing away the title and win - team mate or no team mate. He's going be annoyed especially minutes after the race. Its probably even more awkward for the two as they seem to be genuinely deep-down mates from their long association. The only thing that rattles me a little with Wolff is the tie-in with Williams and Susie - not because she's a female driver or a lack of talent - just smacks of her contract as a test driver being part of the Mercedes tie-in deal.....

Re: US GP - 26/10/2015 17:59

Palmer bought his drives so I don't really see the difference TBH

Re: US GP - 26/10/2015 18:55

Pay-drivers are nothing new but getting the seat because Daddy/Hubby owns part of the team is isn't it?......

Re: US GP - 26/10/2015 19:12

It's too subtle a difference for me. SW is clearly reasonably quick and capable.

Re: US GP - 27/10/2015 07:54

Toto recently sold part of his shareholding in Williams and he now holds less than 5% of the company. Would such a small holding allow that much influence over appointing a test driver?
Posted By: neil_r

Re: US GP - 27/10/2015 07:57

In DTM, with similar "old" cars SW was as good (or bad) as David Coultard. Not a bad benchmark.

She has been in the Mercedes family since 2006, so is naturally a candidate for further engagements in Mercedes' motorsport activities. SW is actually a great marketing asset to Williams. Not only does she help develop the car but she is involved in all sorts of media activities, including guest commentating on German TV in German. She helps raise interest in Williams. I'm sure she is earning her keep.

Finally, the relationship adds a human, soap-like interest to F1 which also expands the likely interest in F1. I find F1 better with SW in it than if she was not involved.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK