Fiat Coupe Club UK

Official Mexican F1 GP thread

Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 01/11/2015 20:50

There was a race. It finished.
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 01/11/2015 20:53

Eve sent me a funny Tweet - something like :"You know it's a dull race when even Maldonado avoids the wall"
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 01/11/2015 21:16

Although I was just commenting to Anita that he hadn't crashed yet and there he was falling off the track and missing a wall by inches.

I got completely lost in this one; watching it Berlin on RTL and they don't have a clue - five-lap advert breaks seem to be the order of the day...
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 01/11/2015 21:35

Listened to the five live commentary and there was not a lot of excitement to be had from what seemed to be a step back to processional racing smile
Posted By: bezzer

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 02/11/2015 07:44

An utter borefest. I recorded it and watched it late last night. I think I fast forwarded through 75% of the race.

Not a huge fan of the circuit either.

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 02/11/2015 08:43

I wanted Hamilton to stay out on his second set of tyres - at least that would have added drama, as he'd either have won controversially or lost in a gripless drift-fest.

The only interesting thing was watching everything that could go wrong, go wrong for Vettel.

A nice bit of payback for Raikkonnen from Bottas, too.

Hopefully Brazil will be a bit more fun; as usual, not expecting much from Yas Marina.
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 02/11/2015 14:17

Originally Posted By: MeanRedSpider
Eve sent me a funny Tweet - something like :"You know it's a dull race when even Maldonado avoids the wall"

That will be because he has scored for the past 3 races, all races prior to that were crashes (or retirements) hehe
Posted By: neil_r

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 02/11/2015 18:35

Originally Posted By: barnacle
... watching it in Berlin on RTL ... five-lap advert breaks seem to be the order of the day...

Tell me about it! By the time they come back to the race, I have forgotten what I was watching, half the cars have crashed and disappeared from the screen, and my wife has fallen asleep, so I don't even have anyone to talk to.
Posted By: t0m0

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 02/11/2015 21:41

Anyone think Vettle did a Schumacher and crashed to bring the other cars real close to Rosberg with the yellow flag hoping they might hassle him to mistake or just get the jump on him???

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 02/11/2015 21:44

Interesting idea - not much like Vettel to crash like that
Posted By: bockers

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 02/11/2015 22:22

I must say I have really warmed to Vetel. I like his humour in the press briefs and the fact that he admitted he was outdriven last year. In fact I prefer him to Schumacher.

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 03/11/2015 06:35

I agree, bockers, I think leaving Red Bull allowed him to grow up and I think he is a genuinely nice guy - even if he has that essential ruthless streak you need to be a top racing driver.
Posted By: bezzer

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 03/11/2015 07:50

Make that 3 regarding Vettel. Seems like a genuinely nice bloke. Great sense of humour and gracious in defeat, unlike a certain..........
Posted By: Roadking

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 04/11/2015 07:43

Interesting that he and Hamilton seem to genuinely like each other. I watched an interview on one of the GPs with both of them, and the banter was genuine. I'm another that has warmed to Vettel.

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 04/11/2015 07:46

I'm behind the curve, obviously, on this new-found Vettel Love. I might not dislike him quite so much but I still can't say that I like him.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 04/11/2015 08:03

I guess everyone loves the underdog, even if he was top dog a few years ago. Maybe it's because he can't wave that finger any more that he seems more loveable. I don't even watch GPs any more frown
Posted By: Roadking

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 04/11/2015 10:16

Originally Posted By: MeanRedSpider
I'm behind the curve, obviously, on this new-found Vettel Love. I might not dislike him quite so much but I still can't say that I like him.

I said warmed. Not toasty! smile
Posted By: bockers

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 04/11/2015 10:41

ditto

Re: Official Mexican F1 GP thread - 04/11/2015 10:46

Yeah, steady on. I mean he's ok, but let's not get carried away. Remember Multi-21? Remember the endless finger of victory?

But he has definitely chilled out a bit and has a wry, almost British sense of humour. He also (usually) admits frankly and honestly when he has screwed up, which is nice.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK