Fiat Coupe Club UK

Relaxation Spa Break

Posted By: Barmybob

Relaxation Spa Break - 02/01/2016 09:08

I am looking for something a bit special for a few days break - end of January - February. I am thinking of a fancy place for a few days followed by a smart B&B for another couple of nights.

The preference would be for Scotland / far north of England but prepared to consider anywhere really.

Any ideas?
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Relaxation Spa Break - 02/01/2016 09:54

Mrs Ed was given a voucher for a spa session at this place in East Lothian recently and she came back raving about it.

Another place we both went to thanks to a certain accrual of "points" was here in the Lake District. An added attraction was the proximity to Beatrix Potter country, also a steam railway the other side of the car park - not sure if it would run at this time of year though.

Re: Relaxation Spa Break - 02/01/2016 11:58

That's the kind of thing, thanks smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Relaxation Spa Break - 02/01/2016 21:55

Chewton glen is top notch, and then have a couple of nights in Poole or Bournemouth. It is stunning, and I know not up north.

Have been many times

Re: Relaxation Spa Break - 02/01/2016 22:29

It does look really cool, and the 50th anniversary is quite apt too, but £800 p/n + Spa treatments is a bit steep for me shocked

I have found a really good deal on the Grand Hotel & Spa in York but as we come from there I'm not too sure Mrs BB would be happy with going there.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Relaxation Spa Break - 03/01/2016 20:59

There's a place in Derbyshire that my wife used to go to - can't remember the details, but she said it was fab. I'll try to find out more.

Re: Relaxation Spa Break - 04/01/2016 00:36

Derbyshire might work, cheers.

Re: Relaxation Spa Break - 04/01/2016 14:25

Originally Posted By: Enforcer
There's a place in Derbyshire that my wife used to go to - can't remember the details, but she said it was fab. I'll try to find out more.

Matlock, perchance?

Re: Relaxation Spa Break - 04/01/2016 22:24

Ok, found somewhere. Went for Northumberland in the end. Smashing looking place with all the Spa features, really good online reviews and a steal through Secret Escapes.

Re: Relaxation Spa Break - 04/01/2016 23:59

We love Northumberland. Check out NT's Cragside, the first house powered by hydro-electric - amongst the county's many other treasures such as Holy Island (at low tide laugh ) if you've never been.
Posted By: bockers

Re: Relaxation Spa Break - 05/01/2016 08:30

I would rather eat my own excrement than go to a Spa for the weekend. In fact what they serve as food could well mean I have!
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Relaxation Spa Break - 05/01/2016 10:07

Oh, not keen then?
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: Relaxation Spa Break - 05/01/2016 10:10

Surely belting through Eau Rouge is far from relaxing?
Posted By: bockers

Re: Relaxation Spa Break - 05/01/2016 10:45

Originally Posted By: DaveG
Oh, not keen then?

What led you into thinking that wink

Re: Relaxation Spa Break - 05/01/2016 11:27

Originally Posted By: Jim_Clennell
Surely belting through Eau Rouge is far from relaxing?

But could possibly have a similar effect..

Re: Relaxation Spa Break - 09/01/2016 17:32

Originally Posted By: bockers
I would rather eat my own excrement than go to a Spa for the weekend. In fact what they serve as food could well mean I have!

I suspect there is an element of me totally agreeing with you John. But this break isn't really for me. It is for my good lady as she reaches a life milestone. She wants a bit of pampering for a few days and I'm just tagging along. I'm sure I'll find something to do to keep me amused smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK