Fiat Coupe Club UK

A service / favor, London area

Posted By: gturcic20vT

A service / favor, London area - 09/02/2016 08:26

Hello,

I'm from Croatia, and I'm wondering if someone would be willing to do me a favor - I'm interested in buying Denon network player DNP-720ae, and have found it @Richer Sounds, store Manchester Prestwich.

I'd like to buy it as a gift for my father, because it has built-in FM radio (unlike newer 730 model), so I can "invisibly" substitute the classic tuner (Denon TU-1510ae) in the parents' system. The 720 model has been discontinued, it can only be found as a left-over clearance stock, or used. Either way, I can't find it in my county.

I've contacted Richer Sounds, but they've told me it's a "clearance / used" item, a are not willing to ship it but demand personal pick-up (due to incomplete packageing / signs of use).
This is the link - http://www.richersounds.com Denon DNP-720ae

If there's a forum member living near the store, I'd like the following favor:
- phone the store to verify if the unit is still available (I've phoned and checked a few days ago)
- make the trip to see and buy the item (if it's fully operational, not badly damaged / scratched, and with the remote)
- organize the shipping to my address (Croatia - EU).

I can wire the money via Paypal (or some other way), for all the expenses:
1. price of the item - gbp 99
2. shipping costs - I've checked via Parcelmonkey, should be around gbp 30
3. reward for the service - I was thinking around gbp 30 (as in half tank of petrol for the Coupe, or few pints of beer), but You name it...

Kind regards,
Gordan

p.s. You can contact me on PM, gturcic@yahoo.com or mobile (viber/whatsapp) +385981869356

Re: A service / favor, London area - 13/02/2016 10:28

Hello,
I'd like to bump the reward do gbp 50 wink
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: A service / favor, London area - 13/02/2016 12:24

I'd help if I could, but I'm a very long way from Prestwich! Good luck!
Posted By: DanTheManc

Re: A service / favor, London area - 14/02/2016 21:22

http://www.hyperfi.co.uk/denon-dnp720ae-network-audio-player-bstock-p-1739.html
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: A service / favor, London area - 15/02/2016 09:38

These guys sell it...
Click

and also ship worldwide...
Scroll down a bit
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: A service / favor, London area - 15/02/2016 09:45

Yeah, but the OP found it for £99 at Richer Sounds - it's £169 and £229 in the other ads!

Re: A service / favor, London area - 15/02/2016 14:42

Hello,
I've sent 2 mails to Hyperfi, 3 and 2 weeks ago, and they didn't respond... I don't find it very polite, and refused to contact them again, but I will try to phone them later as I'm running out of options crazy

The "patch234" link is a cd player, not a network player (same model number, I've made the same error a few times googleing)

Re: A service / favor, London area - 15/02/2016 14:52

I've checked again the HyperFi link, if I try to buy it, when changing the shipping destination to something other than UK it cancels the process and suggests to send them an email... the same thing I did 3 weeks ago.
After no response, a few days later I've sent the same inquiry through ther website contact form... no luck.
When I try to phone them, from Croatia, it cancels the call... must be the "special" 0800 number.

I think it's a sign rolleyes
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: A service / favor, London area - 15/02/2016 15:11

Maybe your email is going into their Junk. Maybe a member can call them if you put up the number and ask about shipping. I can't I'm in Azerbaijan at the moment laugh

Re: A service / favor, London area - 15/02/2016 17:20

If someone's willing to give HyperFi a call, that would be great. The number (from their website) is 0800 012 4822
Tell them a friend of yours, from Croatia, is interested in buying Denon DNP-720ae and tried to contact them but didn't have luck (maybe some aggressive spam filtering), and ask them if they can contact me on gturcic@yahoo.com

Just as a note, Croatia is in the EU, so no VAT deduction, customs declarations etc are necessary, just a regular invoice with UK VAT.

I just managed to get a response from HyperFi (resending the inquiry from another email), out of stock cry

Re: A service / favor, London area - 16/02/2016 10:58

I've found another store - PJ Hi-Fi, Guildford, Surrey smile
http://www.pjhifi.co.uk/clearance/
The unit I'm after is network player Denon DNP-720ae, BLACK.

I've spoken to them, and the item is ex-demo, so they are not willing to ship it, but demand personal pickup.

So my wish remains - if there's a forum member living near the store, I'd like the following favor:
- phone the store to verify if the unit is still available
- make the trip to see and buy the item (if it's fully operational, not badly damaged / scratched, and with the remote)

Store contact:
PJ Hi-Fi Ltd | 3 Bridge Street | Guildford | Surrey GU1 4RY
T. 01483 504801 | T. 01483 304756
Mon - Sat | 9am - 6pm

I can wire the money via Paypal, for all the expenses:
1. price of the item - gbp 169
3. reward for the service - You name it...

Kind regards,
Gordan

p.s. You can contact me on PM, gturcic@yahoo.com or mobile (viber/whatsapp) +385981869356
Posted By: Begbie

Re: A service / favor, London area - 16/02/2016 12:06

Gordon, drop me a PM. I live about 2 miles from that store.

Re: A service / favor, London area - 03/03/2016 13:34

Update:

1. I've been in contact with Mr. Begbie, and he's been very helpful; unfortunately the unit at PJ Hi-Fi is lacking remote, so I'm looking for other options (I've informed Mr. Begbie and he's ok with it).

2. I've found another item at Richer Sounds, store London Bridge
http://www.richersounds.com/showclearanceproduct/DENO-DNP720-BLK/Denon+Dnp720+Blk.html

I've contacted them, and the item is clearance, so (again) they are not willing to ship it, but demand personal pickup.

So my wish remains - if there's a forum member living near the store, I'd like the following favor:
- phone the store to verify if the unit is still available (it was today, 3. 3. 2016.)

Store contact:
Richer Sounds - London Bridge
100 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2TH
TEL: 0333 900 0021
Mon - Fri | 12:00 - 18:00, also 8am-8pm by appointment
Saturday | 10:00 - 17:00
Sunday | 12:00 - 16:00

I can wire the money via Paypal, for all the expenses:
1. price of the item - gbp 99
3. reward for the service - You name it...

Kind regards,
Gordan

Re: A service / favor, London area - 04/03/2016 09:14

I've been in contact with the store, the unit is in good condition and has been put aside, on my name. smile

The favor would be:
- make the trip to buy the item

I can wire the money via Paypal (or some other way), for all the expenses.

Posted By: srm6

Re: A service / favor, London area - 09/03/2016 00:54

Hi

I am likely to be working near there on Friday and could pick it up for you and send early part of next week if that's any help?

Cheers
Simon
Posted By: Clintos

Re: A service / favor, London area - 09/03/2016 05:43

Originally Posted By: srm6
Hi

I am likely to be working near there on Friday and could pick it up for you and send early part of next week if that's any help?

Cheers
Simon

Its nice to help, good on you! thumb

Re: A service / favor, London area - 09/03/2016 12:01

Originally Posted By: srm6
Hi
Cheers
Simon

Hi Simon, thank You but I'm set - on Monday I've contacted my college mate who's going to pick it up today or tomorrow.
Thank you all smile

@admins - lock please
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK