Posted By: bezzer

RIP Ronnie Corbett - 31/03/2016 12:54

Sad news, but at 85, not a bad innings.

'Fork Handles' laugh

RIP Ronnie.
Posted By: Roadking

Re: RIP Ronnie Corbett - 31/03/2016 13:20

RIP.

I loved his rambling stories, with a rushed punchline..
Posted By: PeteP

Re: RIP Ronnie Corbett - 31/03/2016 13:40

Originally Posted By: Roadking
RIP.

I loved his rambling stories, with a rushed punchline..

I hated them, it was the best time to go upstairs for a pee during the Two Ronnies.

edit, The remainder of the Two Ronnies show format was brilliant, they really sparked off one another.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: RIP Ronnie Corbett - 31/03/2016 18:15

Sad news that Ronnie Corbett has passed away. He brought hours of pleasure & laughter to us all and leaves happy memories of family and friends sitting around the TV in fits of laughter.
I had the pleasure of working with him at the Kings Theatre in Edinburgh. I looked after his props and used to ring the phone to interrupt him during one of his famous monologues in his chair.
It was back in the early eighties and he gave me a good "bung" at the end of the week. He also gave me a lift through town in his lovely red Convertable Mercedes SL - which had a big booster cushion so he could see over the bonnet which in turn meant he had big extensions on the pedals to reach his feet. Nobody over 5 foot could have driven it.
The Fork Handles sketch he did with Ronnie B. will live forever.

Re: RIP Ronnie Corbett - 31/03/2016 18:18

Great Story Lego thumb
Posted By: jimboy

Re: RIP Ronnie Corbett - 31/03/2016 18:21

Aye another legend/icon from my era gone, a truly lovely man. It saddens me deeply on a selfish note that time indeed is catching up with me/as all. Happy times right enough when I remember Ronnie.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: RIP Ronnie Corbett - 31/03/2016 19:04

I also didn't enjoy his monologues but loved the contentious 'head-to-heads' on the 2 R's and appreciate the invaluable part he played - by all accounts (i.e. whispers up here emanating from folk who had contact of some sort or another with him) he was a decent chap too in spite of being a keen golfer laugh

Re: RIP Ronnie Corbett - 01/04/2016 07:29

And Zaha Hadid suffers the Mother Theresa effect.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: RIP Ronnie Corbett - 01/04/2016 13:59

Surprisingly sad at this one. I loved the 2 R's. As with anyone you grow up with, you feel a sense of loss when they are gone. Fond memories of evenings in the 1980's watching their shows, and Ronnie C in his little chair talking to camera. RIP Ronnie. Hope you see Ronnie B on the other side.

Fork handles.
Language Timothy !
Posted By: Barmybob

Re: RIP Ronnie Corbett - 01/04/2016 15:17

A very funny man who always seemed to be genuinely nice.

Stunning creatures, sea lions.

"and it's goodnight from him"
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK