Fiat Coupe Club UK

Twitchers.

Posted By: magooagain

Twitchers. - 05/04/2016 21:23

I know a few of us are bird lovers so I thought I would list a few that visit our garden here in France.

We have a bird table to feed the buggers when they need it.

So we have all usual tits,but happy to spot a marsh tit feeding on its own.

Same goes with a solidarity brambling.

A hawfinch popped in but that was its only visit.

Gold and green finches pop in along with plenty of chaffinches.

But I have never seen a bullfinch in my near 14 years here.

So last weekend was fantastic with a spot of a snow bunting amongst buntings.
Then Gill spotted a Ring Ouzel. That has to be up there with my Rock creeper spot

The Golden Oriol are allready here and the cuckoo,so just waiting for the Hoopoe.

What have you seen folks?
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Twitchers. - 05/04/2016 22:13

Blackbirds, robins, blue tits, sparrows, starlings, doves and pigeons in my garden mostly.

I have spotted a bull finch now and again, as well as a wren and a sparrow hawk.

I currently have pigeons nesting in my conifers, which is fine, as long as they don't crap on my washing when it's out on the line laugh

Posted By: barnacle

Re: Twitchers. - 06/04/2016 21:51

We get tits mostly - blue, great, long-tailed - and of course sparrows. Bullfinch and goldfinch, greenfinch on occasion. A pied wagtail comes by from time to time.

And of course the bloody pigeons...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Twitchers. - 07/04/2016 06:39

Chickens and a yellow crowned amazon.... Do they count??

Re: Twitchers. - 07/04/2016 07:02

Not so many pigeons here as most people still eat them,there is even a closed season for them.
My neighbor has them in cages and they are the size of a small chicken!

I heard the Hoopoe yesterday.

The redstarts are investigating every nook and cranny for thier nest building. Strange birds,they leave half built nests all over the place they just can't seem to make up thier minds.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Twitchers. - 07/04/2016 15:47

Living at the bottom of a wooded escarpment here, I get some interesting stuff. Buzzards, Sparrowhawks, Peregrines, and I even spotted a Red Kite drifting over once.

Re: Twitchers. - 07/04/2016 17:10

I love to watch the Red Kites,we have black ones here also.
I am working in my next door neighbors garden,so it's ideal for listening for new arrivals.
Just this afternoon I heard my first nightingale of this spring.

Hopefully my local Osprey's should be along soon,they tend to be quiet on arrival but get screeching when the young are born,I imagine to try and entice the young to fly.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK