Fiat Coupe Club UK

You know that you know that you want a great lawn

Posted By: Anonymous

You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 22/05/2016 14:37

Shameless plug

But, it's that time of year, get it right now and make it easy on yourself. It just so happens I wrote a book on the subject .... downloadable here

CLICK ME

You know it makes sense and the reviews aren't too bad smile
Posted By: H_R

Re: You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 22/05/2016 18:24

Dont have a Kindle how on earth did the books cost so much?
Cant stretch to that Mr Patch234!
Posted By: DaveG

Re: You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 22/05/2016 18:42

I can let you have my paperback copy for a mere £700 laugh

Re: You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 22/05/2016 18:42

looking forward to ripping all the grass out, stick a double garage in and tarmac the rest......sorry yes...trouble is the garage is going to be double in depth and not width, but heyho its going to be long enough for 2 cars[ mine ]. The mrs's slk amg can go on the drive ha ha . laugh
Posted By: H_R

Re: You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 22/05/2016 19:46

Originally Posted By: glenn1960
looking forward to ripping all the grass out, stick a double garage in and tarmac the rest......sorry yes...trouble is the garage is going to be double in depth and not width, but heyho its going to be long enough for 2 cars[ mine ]. The mrs's slk amg can go on the drive ha ha . laugh

And probably cheaper than a new book lol

Re: You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 22/05/2016 20:04

Yeah, weird pricing happening because no one has a copy. Don't know how they come up with that price though!! hahaha! I could buy a coupe with that ... no I can't ..... yes I can .... no, I can't wink

The paperbacks sold out a year ago. Only Kindle or eBook now, it's the way forward I'm told.....

Re: You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 22/05/2016 20:28

Originally Posted By: H_R
Originally Posted By: glenn1960

And probably cheaper than a new book lol

laugh that may not be the case ! Haven't had a qoute yet but its going to be at least 36 metres long and in concrete [ plenty of room for 2 coops and maybe another on the drive]...[ mrs don't know that bit yet lol ].

Re: You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 22/05/2016 22:27

I laid 120 Sq meters of turf last weekend.
I hope it was some good shit and it comes up all nice and green. My chickens have made a mess of their little corner..

Re: You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 22/05/2016 22:58

hate doing lawns but my Hayter Harrier makes light work of it (when its not been raining)
Posted By: Possum

Re: You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 23/05/2016 06:44

I enjoy my lawn and even more since 'downsizing'.

Went from taking about 1 1/2 hours to cut the grass with a motor mower to about 5 minutes with an Aldi special push mower.

Mind you, my previous house had a very long frontage with a wide footpath (nature strip) as it was a triangular block. Could park at least 12 cars across it. Years ago took a photo of the family's 5 Fiats on it.

Now live in a Villa/Townhouse complex with our own small yard and a double garage, not a tandem like we had for 30 years. Certainly easier to choose which Fiat to take for a drive.

Re: You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 23/05/2016 07:33

You know I love a nice green and trimmed lawn too. It really sets off a garden. It's thought that having a nice, well kept front and rear lawn can increase the cost of your house when selling.

Not only this it's great to lay on, produces oxygen, it's comfortable to walk on, it relaxes you, acts as a C02 sink, absorbs noise plus there are more.

..... Unless you have a dog, then it's full of shit and brown dead areas and is best avoided like the plague.... laugh
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 23/05/2016 08:13

Originally Posted By: patch234

..... Unless you have a dog, then it's full of shit and brown dead areas and is best avoided like the plague.... laugh
add to that list foxes and badgers grr
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 23/05/2016 08:37

My brother loves a good lawn too - he seems to supply everybody from Wimbledon LTA to Arsenal FC to Buck House to Dr Jonathan Palmer with kit www.thegrassgroup.com

Re: You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 23/05/2016 09:01

Who's your brother? I might know him!
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 23/05/2016 11:58

Tim Merrell - the Grass Group is his company.

Re: You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 23/05/2016 12:25

No, don't know him. I have heard of his company before though. Prior to coming abroad.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 23/05/2016 20:16

Originally Posted By: Mark_S
Originally Posted By: patch234

add to that list foxes and badgers grr

And the neighbours' damn cats.
Posted By: JonH

Re: You know that you know that you want a great lawn - 23/05/2016 21:11

Originally Posted By: barnacle

And the neighbours' damn cats.

Yep, if its not seagulls emptying their bowels onto you from above, its the bloody cats emptying theirs for you to walk on grr

Cats should be kept on a (very tight) leash ! love
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK