Fiat Coupe Club UK

Broadband microfilters

Posted By: srm6

Broadband microfilters - 18/08/2016 21:31

I'll be honest, I've always been a bit dubious as to whether you need to fit these to every phone socket, but have always done so.

A couple of months ago I upgraded to a super fast fibre to the property supply (with BT). At the time nothing was said about microfilters and none were supplied (other suppliers have given you 1 with the router).

However, whilst the connection is fast (around the 76MB advertised) it frequently drops connection. So if I try and play a game such as Clash of Clans or its cousin Cladh Royale that requires a permanent, stable connection I have to rely on 3G.

A thought I had this evening was whether this could be down to needing BT microfilters? At the moment I still have the Sky (previous ISP) ones attached, so could removing those, or buying BT ones potentially solve this kind of unstable connection?

Thanks for any advice...

Simon
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Broadband microfilters - 18/08/2016 23:58

A TalkTalk engineer who came round recently to fix my super-slow B/Band found 1 missing filter and 2 dodgy ones - they can become faulty. He said to always have the filter on every phone line......surprised BT hasn't supplied them as T/T always has
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Broadband microfilters - 19/08/2016 07:15

Seem to recall whenever I've had the upgraded BT routers they've always come with them and the books always state that every phone port needs one fitted.
Posted By: srm6

Re: Broadband microfilters - 19/08/2016 20:39

Is there a difference between microfilters - ie do you need BT ones for a BT connection, Sky for Sky, etc or should they be interchangeable?

Thanks
Simon
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: Broadband microfilters - 20/08/2016 00:26

No they are interchangeable
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK