Fiat Coupe Club UK

Rant about sycophantic laughing

Posted By: JKD

Rant about sycophantic laughing - 26/09/2016 22:39

You know exactly what I'm talking about.

When someone in a position of authority, tells an unfunny joke (as in, objectively unfunny), usually in a formal setting, and everyone around them starts to howl with laughter as if they've just heard the most funniest thing in their whole lives.

Obviously it's necessary to politely laugh in such a situation as a form of etiquette, as after all, the person is a superior and if nobody was to respond at all then it would be really awkward and quite rude. And more importantly, everyone wants to be in such a person's good books if they have any sort of influence over their life, whether it's financial or social or whatever.

But...some people laugh as if they have completely lost their minds! As if, the harder and louder they laugh, the more this person will improve their lives.

And the worst thing is you start to laugh too so you don't look like a sourpuss amongst a group of people who are at this point laughing maniacally!

I wonder what the person telling the crap joke is thinking? Is it, 'Wow, I'm really funny! I could be doing stand up on Comedy Central!' or is it, 'Yeah, that's right, keep laughing for those pay rises.'

You know for a fact if someone else with no influence was to say the exact same thing then the same people wouldn't even crack a smile. But in this instance? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12q3bsGWch4

blabla

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Rant about sycophantic laughing - 26/09/2016 22:58

Look at that S car go.
Posted By: Wishy

Re: Rant about sycophantic laughing - 26/09/2016 23:02

Originally Posted By: JKD
.... the worst thing is you start to laugh too

Just stop doing this bit and the world (at least your own one) will be fine.
Posted By: Roadking

Re: Rant about sycophantic laughing - 27/09/2016 08:51

Ah the military "Career Laugh".

Only thing worse is laughing when you find something funny, only to find that no-one else did, and it wasn't meant to be funny...
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK