Fiat Coupe Club UK

Malaysia Grand Prix

Posted By: barnacle

Malaysia Grand Prix - 02/10/2016 17:11

Funny, it's dropped right off the radar here - and yet it was huge fun with loads of action today.
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Malaysia Grand Prix - 02/10/2016 17:34

Yes - I thought about posting but I went to see Jim instead...

Re: Malaysia Grand Prix - 02/10/2016 19:06

I have man-crush on Toto Wolff. When questioned about the things Lewis has been saying about Mercedes engines, he replied:

"Every remark, every answer is allowed after such a frustrating moment," he said. "If you are in the lead and just about to get back into the lead of the championship and the engine blows up, he is allowed to say whatever he wants. It is emotional and completely understandable."

Top man and excellent leadership.
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Malaysia Grand Prix - 02/10/2016 20:28

A pretty gripping race today and great to see Danny back on the top step.
Hamilton was clearly unlucky and he must be wondering what he has done to upset his own karma?
Should be an exciting end to the season.... smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Malaysia Grand Prix - 02/10/2016 20:37

Not a bad one as it goes but nearly ruined by yet another ridiculous penalty - this time for Rosberg. Why don't they just wave blue flags for all cars .................. after you sir, no after you repeat crazy

Re: Malaysia Grand Prix - 02/10/2016 21:04

I've gotta disagree about the "ridiculous penalty" - Rosberg just threw it in and used Kimi to bounce off - there was never a chance of a clean pass. They were both incredibly lucky to both carry on.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Malaysia Grand Prix - 02/10/2016 22:17

Thats my point though - unless there's any chance of a 'clean pass' drivers are becoming too scared to try to overtake these days for fear of a penalty. What with Push to pass buttons Scalextric has never seemed so life-like frown

Re: Malaysia Grand Prix - 03/10/2016 06:17

The Red Bulls, though, showed you can race wheel-to-wheel without knocking parts off each other. Rosberg's pass was just clumsy and, as I understand it, damaged Kimi's car
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Malaysia Grand Prix - 03/10/2016 06:42

I'm with MRS - you could see Rosberg lost it not once but twice during that move, and he used Kimi as a bumper to stop himself spinning off. Penalty justified.
Posted By: Dazvr6

Re: Malaysia Grand Prix - 03/10/2016 11:44

^^ Agreed. Rosberg looked out of control going into the move.
Maybe a little less gas and he would have had a nice tussle with Kimi over the next couple of corners.

Felt sorry for Hamilton.
For a new engine to blow he must be feeling like someone doesn't like him!

That aside it was a welcome return to the top step for Ricciardo and I'm glad he managed to fend off Max till the end.
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: Malaysia Grand Prix - 03/10/2016 19:26

Have to agree that the RB's raced cleanly yet Rosberg was just clumsy or feeling desperate!
Think we will have some fun racing to the end of the season with Lewis pushing hard.
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: Malaysia Grand Prix - 03/10/2016 19:57

I very much liked the fact that Ricciardo was able to show Verstappen that he isn't going to have it all his own way. Max may be Helmet Marko's new pet, but Daniel is still a very classy and feisty driver.
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Malaysia Grand Prix - 03/10/2016 20:57

Originally Posted By: Jim_Clennell
I very much liked the fact that Ricciardo was able to show Verstappen that he isn't going to have it all his own way. Max may be Helmet Marko's new pet, but Daniel is still a very classy and feisty driver.

laugh
Posted By: Carlscott

Re: Malaysia Grand Prix - 07/10/2016 14:32

German formula 1 driver winning the drivers championship in a German car, can't be bad for business wink

Conspiracy theories are great aren't they
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK