Fiat Coupe Club UK

Planet Earth II

Posted By: Begbie

Planet Earth II - 07/11/2016 08:42

Did anyone watch this last night? Can't believe it was 10 years ago that Planet Earth graced our screens.

The best part for me last night was the iguana's and the snakes. Watching the snakes was something out of a film at just how many there were (no, Samuel L Jackson wasn't about either) and how they all came out of the rocks all in one go.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Planet Earth II - 07/11/2016 08:51

Great program, the camera equipment and drone shots make it even more amazing to watch, especially the fighting Comodo dragons, Attenborough is a legend.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Planet Earth II - 07/11/2016 09:09

Agreed, Alexis - that snake sequence was pure horror show! I was hoping that was the part they were going to cover in the 'making of' filler at the end, but they settled for the far less interesting penguin poo sequence instead.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Planet Earth II - 07/11/2016 10:02

Originally Posted By: Countrycruising
Great program, the camera equipment and drone shots make it even more amazing to watch, especially the fighting Comodo dragons, Attenborough is a legend.
Originally Posted By: barnacle
Agreed, Alexis - that snake sequence was pure horror show! I was hoping that was the part they were going to cover in the 'making of' filler at the end, but they settled for the far less interesting penguin poo sequence instead.

For a combination of the above see this

But as far as Attenborough is concerned, what will we do without hi inspiration. He has been the most outstanding one-man-band in the field of natural history education and conservation of my lifetime, and the combination of those intrepid film crews supporting his understated yet powerful commentaries has an appeal as universal as any religion.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Planet Earth II - 07/11/2016 10:38

Great find Simon laugh

As for who could possibly replace Sir David, yes that's a question I've been asking for years, Chris Packham is good as are a few but they're just not Attenborough frown
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Planet Earth II - 07/11/2016 11:04

Great find Simon laugh

As for who could possibly replace Sir David, yes that's a question I've been asking for years, Chris Packham is good as are a few but they're just not Attenborough frown

For me, Chris Packham grates, rather than is great.
Posted By: Hyperlink

Re: Planet Earth II - 07/11/2016 11:43

Steve Backshall maybe?
Posted By: Roadking

Re: Planet Earth II - 08/11/2016 12:49

Originally Posted By: PeteP
Great find Simon laugh

For me, Chris Packham grates, rather than is great.

+1 thumb
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK