Fiat Coupe Club UK

Spa Accommodation

Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Spa Accommodation - 16/11/2016 07:01

Having cocked up last year and missed the opportunity to race at Spa with the Fishy Dave Racing Club (or CSCC as it's better known) I'm determined to be there this year. What hotel accommodation would anyone recommend?
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Spa Accommodation - 16/11/2016 07:28

We've stopped at and enjoyed this place just off track at La Source: http://www.hotel-de-la-source.com/en/ - wasn't particularly cheap, mind smile

Re: Spa Accommodation - 16/11/2016 07:32

I'm finally (god willing) going to race at Spa - about 7 years after Charlie's cancer diagnosis prevented me before. I plan to enjoy it wink
Posted By: Fishy_Dave

Re: Spa Accommodation - 16/11/2016 09:35

Good man, you'll love it smile

I too have stayed at Hotel La Source but as mentioned it's pretty pricey.
The place I've stayed at most is the Steakhouse Le Relais a good location, decent enough food and a short walk up the road is a nice pizza restaurant too. Earlier this year I stayed in Spa itself for the first time, a nice place.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Spa Accommodation - 16/11/2016 10:49

When we used organise club trips to SpaItalia, those camping stayed at Camping Eau Rouge..

For a reasonably priced hotel we stayed about 20 minutes drive away in Verviers in Hotel le Midi..

Secure car parking and pleasant staff.

Avoid the Racing Hotel in Francorchamps like the plague.
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: Spa Accommodation - 16/11/2016 11:39

Cannot reccomend Hotel Le Midi enough to be honest
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: Spa Accommodation - 16/11/2016 12:06

The campsite is sooo close,affordable and plesent surroundings. Perfect spot if need to tinker with the car/off load trailers etc. We hire a caravan for the event typically.

Re: Spa Accommodation - 16/11/2016 12:12

Hotels/B&B only for me when I'm racing - quality of sleep is too important.
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: Spa Accommodation - 16/11/2016 12:25

Hotel le midi is best value for money in terms of proximity and quality. Great selection of beers also!
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: Spa Accommodation - 17/11/2016 18:36

Hotel le Midi was very comfortable, good food and as previously noted has some good beers, having a secure basement car was a Bonus.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Spa Accommodation - 17/11/2016 18:56

Originally Posted By: Fishy_Dave
Good man, you'll love it smile
The place I've stayed at most is the Steakhouse Le Relais a good location, decent enough food and a short walk up the road is a nice pizza restaurant too.

I stayed there the first time I went to Spa back in 2007, very handy for the circuit, room was comfortable.

The only down side was car parking was on the road outside.

I do prefer Le Midi hotel in Verviers even though it is further away.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK