Fiat Coupe Club UK

Super Grippy Tyres.......

Posted By: Anonymous

Super Grippy Tyres....... - 05/06/2018 06:45

.....in the wet.

Is there such a thing?

I run Zestinos in competition and in the dry they are spot on and currently the tyre of choice.

However, as good as they are in the wet, they are not great so the question comes from a need to gain an advantage in the wet.

Any ideas?
Posted By: Rob40

Re: Super Grippy Tyres....... - 05/06/2018 14:35

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/competition-tyres/toyo-proxes-rr1-wet-race-tyre-2

17" available, no 16s

Or Yokos A006
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Super Grippy Tyres....... - 05/06/2018 14:41

I've just ordered some uniroyals rain sport 3s. Very popular on the track day scene when on a budget.
Posted By: charlie_croker

Re: Super Grippy Tyres....... - 12/06/2018 15:50

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, put them on my 911 and they grip well in the dry but in the wet? Like Cup Sports in the dry. Seriously, I have never known a tyre so good.
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Super Grippy Tyres....... - 12/06/2018 16:36

Do they have to be road legal?

If not, the Dunlop Sport wets (as used by BTCC I think) are amazing. But they are competition use only
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Super Grippy Tyres....... - 12/06/2018 20:14

Having had a set of 18-inch alloys refurbed, I ordered 2 "brand new" Goodyear F1 Eagles online fitted by ATS Euromaster only to find they were produced in 2013! shocked grr

Re: Super Grippy Tyres....... - 13/06/2018 07:53

Yes have to be road legal. Sorry probably should have put that in the original post.

Re: Super Grippy Tyres....... - 14/06/2018 16:51

Can vouch for Michelin pilot 4s.
Never really push my car's in the wet but traction is good.
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Super Grippy Tyres....... - 14/06/2018 17:24

There can be huge difference in wet weather grip between even tyres from the same factory.

My 156 wagon had (IIRC) Eagle NCT2s on one end and Dunlop Sports the other. The end (I tried front and rear) that had the Dunlops had very little grip in the wet and it really unbalanced the car. I spoke to Dunlop technical and the guy said that he entirely understood and that it was less a problem with the Dunlops but a reflection on the grip the NCT2s generated - and that both tyres were made in the same factory.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK