England Vs India Test Series

Posted By: bockers

England Vs India Test Series - 08/08/2018 12:22

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45105428
suicide
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: England Vs India Test Series - 08/08/2018 12:56

laugh

I "knew" there was a catch (sorry) in this.....clicked on the BBC sport page separately and down there somewhere lurked the words "Ian Bell"

England could probably do worse actually - many moons ago Tom Graveney was called out of "retirement" to fill a gap...

Perhaps more to the point, the coverage (if it can be believed) so far of Stokes' trial is pointing to apparently pretty unsavoury behaviour by the all-rounder. Much as he is an asset to the team I'm not sure I'd be happy condoning his inclusion if these descriptions are based on truth.

Worse than Pietersen imho.

Re: England Vs India Test Series - 22/08/2018 09:15

Odds are rising....Bairstow unlikely to play 4th Test with injured finger
Posted By: bezzer

Re: England Vs India Test Series - 30/08/2018 12:06

England, having decided to bat first, are currently 69-5

Over in Colwyn Bay, Ian Bell has just reached his century. This season he's hit 667 runs at an average of 58.

I reckon even Bockers will be hoping he gets a recall biglaugh

Re: England Vs India Test Series - 03/09/2018 03:46

No need to Panic, we won shocked

Re: England Vs India Test Series - 11/09/2018 16:28

What a game. And who a series. Truly emotional.
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: England Vs India Test Series - 11/09/2018 18:35

Amazing day on Monday
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: England Vs India Test Series - 11/09/2018 19:11

And Tuesday!

Re: England Vs India Test Series - 12/09/2018 09:29

The longest summer of Test cricket I can remember.

And the most days' play probably! With super drainage, floodlights and flexible start/finish times it makes it all the more worthwhile for crowds and listeners to the fantastic coverage on TMS. Daggers, Isa Guha, Dan Norcroft are gliding into their new roles with great aplomb smile

I'm thinking that the appointments of Ed Smith and James Taylor as selectors is a long-needed freshening-up behind the scenes - not that they've come up with a solution for the top 3 batters yet!

Moeen is such an adaptable cricketer that he might "just" learn to be a number 3 - it's lateral thinking, not the first choice perhaps, but he's definitely useful and it allows Root to return to his favoured no. 4 position. So pleased that Buttler is worked into the side too.

Glad for Cooky that his swansong was so successful as surely the writing was on the wall as so many bowlers had found his weak spots as analyst Simon Hughes pointed out.

Awed at Jimmy Anderson for astonishing fitness to bowl more balls in Test match cricket than Alastair Cook had faced as a batsman. Roll on the 600!

A great summer with a bank of exciting players for the next round....looks like Belly will miss out after all tongue
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK