Fiat Coupe Club UK

Outdoor Cameras

Posted By: Gunzi

Outdoor Cameras - 29/08/2018 10:14

I had a couple of mates come round last week and as they approached my house saw a chap on a bike with a large crowbar in his hand staring at my car. He rode off when he saw them...

Does anyone on here have any experience of outdoor cameras like Nest or Arlo etc?
Posted By: Ballypete

Re: Outdoor Cameras - 29/08/2018 11:03

I have a couple of the Samsung smartcam Chris. One of them is on the garage. They connect to the wifi and I can access them anywhere in the world (that has a wifi signal) It warns me if someone enters the motion zone and records it as an event.

I got them because my cars were getting damaged by stones being thrown into the secure garage area. There were hundreds of them over time and chipping paint and windscreens. I thought I was being targeted but it turned out to be a couple of 8 year old kids playing with stones and a tennis racket.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Outdoor Cameras - 29/08/2018 22:34

These aren't for outdoor use, but you can easily put them on your windowsill or mount them to a window frame to look out of your window: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00XBTRZVE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have two and think they are very good, although I've had nothing similar or better to compare them. They do a good job for the price though cool
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Outdoor Cameras - 30/08/2018 06:50

Like, T, I have one that looks out of a window. Mine is a YI - was sceptical but it’s proven to be very good. Detects movement and will track movement. Night vision is quite good provided it’s dark inside too.

Re: Outdoor Cameras - 30/08/2018 17:52

Cheers all, food for thought.

Do these devices store be data locally or on some sort of subscription?
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Outdoor Cameras - 30/08/2018 18:58

The YI has the option of either. I use a memory card. Then notifications to the app with clips viewable anywhere.
Posted By: kev_megadon

Re: Outdoor Cameras - 30/08/2018 20:16

I recently installed a netatmo presence to the front of my house. Could not be more pleased. It's designed to use the same wiring and just take the place of an outdoor light if you already have one meaning I installed it in about half hour all in. Has a memory card aswell as the use of Dropbox to store and the app is 100% free.
Posted By: Hyperlink

Re: Outdoor Cameras - 31/08/2018 08:12

Before purchasing look at if they will still work with either no wifi or internet. Many wont work properly if your wifi and/or internet connection is down.

Re: Outdoor Cameras - 01/09/2018 13:12

Again thanks all for the input.

That is a good piece of advice thanks Hyperlink.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK