Fiat Coupe Club UK

Can anyone track aircraft?

Posted By: G_Man

Can anyone track aircraft? - 07/10/2018 16:13

Got a brief glimpse of a pale grey, twin engined, possibly WW2 vintage aircraft flying over the house about 30mins ago. Thought it was a Beaufighter for a second but none are left flying anymore and all the tracking sites are commercial frown. Anyone got a whizzy app that could shed some light on it please? smile
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Can anyone track aircraft? - 07/10/2018 16:38

Does this one help Alan?

https://www.flightradar24.com

edit There was a Blenheim flying over Brands Hatch at the AGM, could it be that?
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Can anyone track aircraft? - 07/10/2018 17:53

Flightrader24 can only track planes fitted with mode-S transponders - basically, modern passenger and transport planes. I doubt that a WW2 plane, even refurbished, would have such equipment. I'm not sure any military planes carry the kit - or at least, have it turned on all the time.

Re: Can anyone track aircraft? - 07/10/2018 18:57

Cheers guys. I reckon you might have it Pete with the Blenheim cool The serial numbers are in duck egg and that's what caught my eye thinking it was in overall pale grey. I've emailed the company to check if it was in the area and I'll let you know smile
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Can anyone track aircraft? - 07/10/2018 19:32

Isn’t the BBMF Dakota painted light grey?
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Can anyone track aircraft? - 08/10/2018 07:23

I hear the Russians are quite good at tracking aircraft and they're not fussy about what type of plane either.
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: Can anyone track aircraft? - 08/10/2018 07:57

There’re is a tracking app that tracks a few different modes I think and some of the RAF training flight aircraft are showing on https://global.adsbexchange.com/VirtualRadar/mobile.html
Lots of private aircraft also

Re: Can anyone track aircraft? - 08/10/2018 17:43

Thanks all. The company confirmed it wasn't the Blenheim so I guess I'll never know frown
Posted By: DavidRobot

Re: Can anyone track aircraft? - 08/10/2018 19:51

Not vintage, but the RAF’s Beech 350 shadows are painted light grey.
Posted By: Barmybob

Re: Can anyone track aircraft? - 10/10/2018 20:25

Classic Air Force based in Coventry have an Avro Anson.
Posted By: Ballypete

Re: Can anyone track aircraft? - 11/10/2018 17:35

The BBMF Dakota is light grey as Nigel suggests but has black and white stripes on the wings and fuselage
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK