Fiat Coupe Club UK

Thank God for CCTV

Posted By: Serg1

Thank God for CCTV - 31/10/2018 12:53

Popped into Sainsbury's today for just 8 minutes. When I returned to the car someone had driven into side of my Mercedes coursing damage to rear wing, wheel arch and both doors.

Went to security and asked to view the CCTV footage. Ford Focus had driven into the space next to me, misjudged the space and drove into my car. He then got out saw the damage got back in and parked somewhere else. Luckily we could follow him to see where he had parked.

When I got to he's car he was still in it. At first he denied it was him. Security guard then stepped in and told him he was seem on CCTV.

Just been to a garage to get a quote, £3270. One reason it's so high I had the car ceramic coating. Spray shop said they had to take it all off down one side before they could even start to repair and spray.

To top it all when I got home courier had left calling card to say he had left parcel behind the steps. Someone had seen this parcel and walked off with it, one new iPad gone.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Thank God for CCTV - 31/10/2018 13:08

A bummer of a day for you John.
Posted By: Blueboyracer

Re: Thank God for CCTV - 31/10/2018 14:17

Good grief that is a VERY bad day

Do you have CCTV at home?
Posted By: Ballypete

Re: Thank God for CCTV - 31/10/2018 16:04

Glad to hear that you got him although it's grief you don't really need in terms of getting things sorted. I would have loved to see the look on his face when he realised the game was up- I used to do a lot of taped interviews as a detective and would often be lied to on tape. Then I would hit them or their legal rep with phased disclosure (usually CCTV, DNA, a witness etc) and the look on their faces at that point was almost worth the daily crap that came with that job.

Hopefully Sainsburys have secured the evidence so it doesn't get lost/taped over?
Posted By: Serg1

Re: Thank God for CCTV - 31/10/2018 16:30

Yes it was a picture. He first tried to make out it wasn't him. That was difficult when it was pointed out my car is black and his front silver wing now hanging off was covered in black paint, After being hit with the evidence, He then tried to say he hadn't realised he had hit another car, all bullshit. He drove straight into my rear wing then continued driving down the side to make sure he got both doors, how could you not notice that had happened.
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Thank God for CCTV - 31/10/2018 18:41

Hope you get full restitution - some people are just real %&%$!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK