Fiat Coupe Club UK

Amazon Prime rant...

Posted By: barnacle

Amazon Prime rant... - 22/03/2019 17:31

Don't get me wrong: for some, amazon prime is a great idea. But it's not for me.

And I would very much appreciate being able to get to the end of a purchase without having it stuffed down my throat, and enrolling me whether I want to or not. I'm sure it's possible to avoid, but once again I failed to locate the actual buy button while being diverted down Amazon's array of 'are you sure' and 'this is what you're missing' and 'wouldn't you like' pages.

Bah.

I find it ironic that searching for 'cancel prime membership' leads you to a couple of ebooks telling you how to cancel it, and not to any actual information: turns out you have to manage your account and then fight your way past another eight or ten pages of 'are you sure' etc before you find out you've got it for a month, like it or not.

I like it not. If I wanted it, I'd have sought it out. I do not care to be charged eight quid a month for free delivery for items which have already bloody well qualified for free delivery. Sod off, Amazon.

/rant
Posted By: JKD

Re: Amazon Prime rant... - 22/03/2019 19:13

Yeah but, are you sure?
Posted By: Wishy

Re: Amazon Prime rant... - 22/03/2019 21:04

With "activates prime" in a font that requires reading glasses next to a massive continue button followed by a "continue without prime" link that needs an electron microscope in order to be read.

I very much hear you. So far I've manged to avoid being caught out but as a marketing strategy this stinks.
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: Amazon Prime rant... - 23/03/2019 00:13

It’s Shite. Like a Somali pirate with an elocution class, it achieves the same end without the barbarism.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK