Fiat Coupe Club UK

TV Series - Harrow

Posted By: Possum

TV Series - Harrow - 06/06/2019 22:53

Just wondering if this Series is aired in the UK. It stars Ioan Gruffudd as Dr Daniel Harrow and is filmed here in Brisbane. Some great locations are used which us locals can easily recognise.

He also drives a beautiful 124CC and I know the history of this car etc. Unfortunately, it (or its "double") is firebombed in Series 2, but, I believe it is restored for later episodes.

If you would like to know more, just ask.
Posted By: Grigio

Re: TV Series - Harrow - 10/06/2019 07:21

Wasn't impressed when they burnt it the other night. I thought it may have been a wreck or something they substituted, but when they showed the burnt out engine bay, with the IDFs and original air cleaner I realised they'd torched a perfectly good car.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: TV Series - Harrow - 10/06/2019 08:38

If it had IDFs then it wasn't an original CC?

Re: TV Series - Harrow - 10/06/2019 11:53

It was a "double" that was firebombed as it was seen in a panel shop having a coat of silver paint applied to look like the original. The "wreck" is now in the wrecking yard of a FCCQ member.

The CC was restored a few years back by one of our members then sold (due to his health problems) to another member who has since onsold it to a guy in Melbourne. Here in Queensland, it had been admired at quite a few car shows prior to moving south.

My mechanic (and Maurie's, Grigio) has been working on the car here in Brisbane.

Noticed in last Sunday's edition that Harrow was now driving a 500 POP. At least he is keeping it in the family.

Re: TV Series - Harrow - 16/08/2020 12:27

Good news, the third series of Harrow has just finished filming here in Brisbane.

Delays obviously caused by Covid-19 but after easing of restrictions here in Queensland (unlike other parts of Australia) the production could continue.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/ente...s-story/4a0084613401fd7f6c3260dbd944f279

Re: TV Series - Harrow - 12/02/2021 05:21

Series 3 started on TV here last Sunday. Great to recognize the various locations around Brisbane where it is filmed.

Found out recently that a house used in Series 1 Episode 2 was once owned by my grandparents (the original owners and they lived there for 55 years having moved in in 1920). Tracked down the episode to watch and it brought back memories of my childhood. The current owners told be that filming was done inside the house also but that bit finished up on the "cutting room" floor. The scenes with the house starts 37 minutes into the episode.

Haven't seen the 124CC yet, but Harrow is driving a new 500!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK