Fiat Coupe Club UK

Making Google talk to an Apple calendar

Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Making Google talk to an Apple calendar - 13/08/2019 06:18

My folks are well into their eighties and, whilst being blessed with pretty good faculties, they are starting to need a bit of help with remembering daily tasks. On my recommendation, my Dad bought a Google Home; we have one and it's a great tool for reminders and timers and things like weather, etc. However, I'd forgotten that my Dad is an iPhone user, not Android. His main reason for wanting a smart speaker was to synch with his calendar to remind him and my mum about upcoming events and more prosaic things (like switching off lights, etc). However, he has hit a wall in terms of getting Google and Apple to play nicely. Does anyone know of a simple(ish) way to enable these two devices to communicate effectively?
I'd really appreciate any help with this - even if it's just to sell the Google Home and buy a Siri thing.
Posted By: Dan

Re: Making Google talk to an Apple calendar - 13/08/2019 08:44

Try this:

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/99358?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en

Re: Making Google talk to an Apple calendar - 14/08/2019 06:38

Thanks Dan. I fear the problem is that my Dad doesn't have a Google account; I'm not sure convincing him to get one will be fruitful! Back to the drawing board.
Posted By: Emjay

Re: Making Google talk to an Apple calendar - 27/08/2019 19:45

Er, bingo!
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Making Google talk to an Apple calendar - 27/08/2019 20:13

Originally Posted by Emjay
Er, bingo!
Bingo!
#4 and #15, full house!

Crikey Mark, that's been a long wait crazy

Re: Making Google talk to an Apple calendar - 28/08/2019 06:38

Worth the wait though, surely...
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Making Google talk to an Apple calendar - 28/08/2019 07:42

Originally Posted by DaveG

Just read this
rofl
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Making Google talk to an Apple calendar - 28/08/2019 17:46

That brought a few memories back! How's tricks, Mark?

Re: Making Google talk to an Apple calendar - 29/08/2019 17:01

How do, Mr B! I am doing fine as is Mrs J. Obviously hardly on here, but that's for all the right reasons and it is still lovely to be able to pop in, be back amongst old buddies, and feel welcome.

Warmest regards to Anita, and on another personal note, many thanks to you, Jim C, Dave G, MRS and the other stalwarts of this place who are still helping to keep it going.

Re: Making Google talk to an Apple calendar - 29/08/2019 19:26

We all do our best, Mark. Anita says 'hi!'.

Re: Making Google talk to an Apple calendar - 29/08/2019 22:52

Cheers Mark, did you get your house / outhouse all finished?

Re: Making Google talk to an Apple calendar - 01/09/2019 16:57

Hi Mr G. House still not finished - external and internal remedial works needed. Should be wrapped up by the end of they year. Perfectly habitable and been in it for a couple of years now. Mrs J has done incredible things outside - as I write this she is outside laying foundations for another outbuilding (number 5!)

Unfortunately, the stables and fields opposite have just put in planning permission for housing. If it does happen, it may mean after all that, we end up moving!!!

Re: Making Google talk to an Apple calendar - 01/09/2019 17:57

My apple calendar:

End August/Beginning September: Rosette are ready to pick and eat; they won't store.
End September/Beginning October: Spartan are ready to pick and eat and turn into pie and or jelly.
End October/Beginning November: Egremont Russet a ready to eat and store.

p.s. the Rosette were *very* nice, and are spectacularly red and white when you bite 'em.

Re: Making Google talk to an Apple calendar - 01/09/2019 17:57

Oh bummer, I guess you and some neighbours could object though? Is it not green belt or is that all lost in the 20th Century now? Anyway, say Hi to Mrs J, she sounds like the brawn to match your brain?

Re: Making Google talk to an Apple calendar - 02/09/2019 17:00

#167 - Emjay posts "Bingo", thus creating massive off-topic nostalgia-fest.

Wouldn't want it any other way! Glad tyo hear you and MrsJ are in good spirits.

Can't you "find" dangerously high Argon/methane/etc. levels in the fields across from your place? Just buy a canister and pipe it in...

Thank me later.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK