Fiat Coupe Club UK

Photobucket -again

Posted By: Edinburgh

Photobucket -again - 04/09/2019 07:52

Is anyone else having issues with this? I thought it had been "sorted" but now I'm getting emails from PB saying my "bandwidth" (i.e.how many times my photos have been viewed in the last month) has been exceeded...

Your account bandwidth, or linking bandwidth, gauges how many times someone has viewed your linked image on a 3rd party site.

To further explain, bandwidth is a measure of the resources used to serve (display) media from your Photobucket account to 3rd party sites (like blogs, forums, etc). The size of the image or video will increase the amount of bandwidth you use when you link out to other sites.

Direct views of your images/videos on Photobucket does not use any bandwidth. Bandwidth is only used when the image is posted outside of Photobucket, which we define this as 3rd party hosting.

As of June 1st, Photobucket started to enforce a bandwidth limit of 25 MB. Bandwidth usage is based on what has been used over the past 30 days. You will be able to monitor your total bandwidth allocation in your account soon.

When logged in to your account, your images will not be blurred and watermarked. However, images that are shared outside of Photobucket will be blurred if you exceed the bandwidth limit. The bandwidth limit is 25 MB. Once your bandwidth usage is below the limit, your images will no longer be blurred unless you exceed the 25 MB limit again.

As pretty well all my photos are coupe-related I guess they're being viewed "too much" and this is why PB is clamouring for a monthly subscription, which I'm not keen to fork out. Perhaps the answer is another photo-hosting sight...
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Photobucket -again - 04/09/2019 07:56

Yes, another site, I have been using imgur for some pics, a bit clunky but photof**kit just gets on my nerves now

Edit: I just got a similar nagging email from tinypic (where images bizarrely come out huge) urging me to join photof**kit rolleyes
Posted By: Blueboyracer

Re: Photobucket -again - 04/09/2019 08:09

Seems they are encouraging users to share thumbnails on 3rd party sites - with links through to PB for full resolution
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Photobucket -again - 04/09/2019 09:41

I find that many PB pics on the forum, do not display at all, not even blurry
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Photobucket -again - 09/09/2019 22:59

And now it seems most of the sig pics are gone....
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK