Fiat Coupe Club UK

Forum Expertise - Wireless TV Antenna

Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Forum Expertise - Wireless TV Antenna - 30/09/2019 07:44

I’m looking for a solution that allows me to watch Freeview TV around the house that doesn’t require me to run coax everywhere.

I can get some live TV via the catchup services but C4, for some reason, doesn’t do that on its TV app - and, for channel surfing, it’s hopeless.

I have capability for either satellite or terrestrial Freeview to a coax. What I’m looking for is something that can transmit that signal across Wi-Fi to a TV (or some other solution). I have great bandwidth so streaming is another option but I haven’t yet found a streaming solution.

Any solution needs to be Mrs MRS proof who has all the tech savviness of a geriatric - I’m sure I could get a service via my Mac Mini or something similar but that’s too painful to consider...

Thanks!
Posted By: Hyperlink

Re: Forum Expertise - Wireless TV Antenna - 30/09/2019 11:03

SiliconeDust HD home run might work for you?

https://www.silicondust.com/product/hdhomerun-duo/

I have an a 2 year old model I am not using you can try it out you want.
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Forum Expertise - Wireless TV Antenna - 30/09/2019 13:09

Thanks, Mark - though, reading the blurb, it wouldn’t connect to my TV unless I buy something like a Firestick to view it through. My aerial connection is nowhere near my router either though that can be solved with more gadgets.

It feels like a simple proposition: a box that connects to the aerial and a dongle that plugs into your TV. The Homerun nearly does that. It ought to be WiFi enabled and have its own dongle option too.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK