Fiat Coupe Club UK

AutoAid

Posted By: Edinburgh

AutoAid - 04/11/2019 15:55

Due to making some domestic admin changes I'm thinking of using this lot who have a tempting £60 p.a. cover for both me and Mrs Ed.....has anyone experience of using them?
Posted By: ScouseCoupe

Re: AutoAid - 04/11/2019 17:56

Nope. But we use Smart Rescue. Used once in Galloway arrived within 30mins. Similar price p.a

Re: AutoAid - 04/11/2019 19:39

Originally Posted by ScouseCoupe
Nope. But we use Smart Rescue. Used once in Galloway arrived within 30mins. Similar price p.a

Ok, just called them - unfortunately the rates go up to around £50 for a 23 year-old vehicle! We'd need a another premium for Mrs Ed's Mii too...
Posted By: StuP

Re: AutoAid - 05/11/2019 13:43

I've been with them for years, way cheaper than the usual suspects when you consider it also covers your spouse. I've had to use them a couple of times for a breakdown. They use local recovery companies and afaik you never now have to pay the driver and claim back - they have pre-existing arrangements with the recovery companies, so they just turn up and fix or recover you. I had to use it on the M25 last week and was recovered within 30 minutes after ringing the call centre. Not really sure what AA / RAC offer that makes it so much better (read more expensive)?

Re: AutoAid - 05/11/2019 13:53

Nice one...think I'll give 'em a go
Posted By: Submariner

Re: AutoAid - 06/11/2019 11:28

They were excellent VFM, used them for many years, they have however in the last couple of years been sold to RCIB, who are now unsurprisingly hiking premiums (there has been an increase of nigh 40% since RCIB took over, if you have ever dealt with RCIB they are ironically definitely not the 'Right Choice') and placing new 'products' and conditions....I used them to recover me from N London in June 2017 and it all worked out well.
Posted By: bockers

Re: AutoAid - 11/11/2019 11:33

Been with them for nigh on 10years and they have been great. In the early days you paid the bill and claimed it back, which in my case took less than a week. Now it's all sorted between the companies so no need to pay anything. One great feature was they towed us home, and then the next morning towed the car to a garage of my choice, and even gave me a lift home.

Not had to use them in the last 18months so can vouch for recent service but still cheaper than the "rest".
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK