Fiat Coupe Club UK

Dragons and Lizards (and snakes)

Posted By: Theresa

Dragons and Lizards (and snakes) - 16/01/2020 22:07

Just wondering if anyone on here has any reptiles?

I've got a Bearded Dragon and up until recently, also had a Leopard Gecko, but she died the day after Boxing Day frown I'm selling her vivarium and set up before I'm tempted to buy something else!

I don't fancy owning a snake, although don't mind looking at them cool

Just wondering if anyone else has any reptiles or something a bit different?

By the way, my Bearded Dragon is cool, but a miserable f**ker, like his owner laugh
Posted By: Grigio

Re: Dragons and Lizards (and snakes) - 16/01/2020 22:56

Do you speak parseltongue? No use having a snake if you don't.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Dragons and Lizards (and snakes) - 16/01/2020 23:36

I hav two vipers.

In fact three, if you count the rear
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Dragons and Lizards (and snakes) - 17/01/2020 07:34

laugh
Posted By: Possum

Re: Dragons and Lizards (and snakes) - 17/01/2020 23:23

We have large Water Dragons (a close cousin to the Bearded Dragon) that live over our back fence, as they are a native to my area plus the occasional Carpet Python and Green Tree Snake that visit. Have seen a few Brown Snakes (venomous), plus the Koalas can often be heard with their loud grunting during the mating season.

And I live in suburbia!
Posted By: G_Man

Re: Dragons and Lizards (and snakes) - 19/01/2020 16:07

Youngest has a corn snake and my eldest has 2 x ball pythons. Both non-venomous and are seen as the entry level into snake ownership. By all accounts they seem to be fairly maintenance free but cleanliness of the vivarium's important but that goes for any animal / reptile kept in a closed environment. Of course the warm side of the tank needs to be regulated. Corn snake's require a larger tank whilst the pythons a smaller one as they - well stay in a ball most of the time rolleyes Then there's the feeding of mice and baby rats - dead of course. I handle them and actually they're quite therapeutic in an odd sort of way. The pythons will have a good old stare at you and are very inquisitive. The jury's out whether you actually bond with snakes - I think you do so more with reptiles?

Originally Posted by Possum
plus the Koalas can often be heard with their loud grunting during the mating season. And I live in suburbia!

Reminds me of my neighbours during my flat living days in London - shoddy 80's paper built walls .. grr
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK