Fiat Coupe Club UK

Royal Mail first class RANT

Posted By: robcoupe20vt

Royal Mail first class RANT - 24/01/2020 19:13

I send items out every couple of week that i sell on ebay . I usually use Hermes which have been fine all year till christmas . They got overloaded at christmas and lost 2 parcels i sent and 1 i had purchased on ebay also very slow deliveries .One parcel sent by Hermes in east London took 10 days to reach an address in west London . The ebayer was screaming for it as he needed it for his motorbike . So after christmas i would use royal mail first class post . The item i sold on ebay was R&G crash bungs secondhand . Cost me nearly £4in postage which was ok as the package would take a day plus £20 in compensation if lost . Never turned up and was lost in the system . Kept the reciept just in case . I think you have to wait 28 days before making a claim . I could not wait that long so filled in the form online I supplied all the info including a downloaded picture of the item on ebay and a new replacement cost plus a picture of the posting reciept Took probably 10 to 15 minutes that was on tuesday .I had to refund the buyer . Today i got a letter from royal mail saying that they would refund me the postage ??? The refund is in 6 first class stamps WTF . I wont be using them again so what will i do with the stamps . In the letter it says i did not give enought info despite all the pictures i have downloaded to them .
If i am seeking compensation they want proof of posting (i did) proof of the items value(i did) and a picture of the item posted (i did) and the cherry on the cake a picture of the parcel packaging ???? Funny thing is i have a picture of the parcel packaging in the background of another photo i took . Why they make is so difficult to claim when they lost the item in their system . I will be writing back to them with all pictures and they can have their stamps back . What a shoddy service
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Royal Mail first class RANT - 24/01/2020 19:39

Sock it to 'em, quite right.

I detest lip service "our customer is really important to us" etc.
Posted By: samsite999

Re: Royal Mail first class RANT - 28/01/2020 17:15

Vote with your feet, its the only way they are going to learn, people with bad service will be pushed out, hence the crushing competition to the post office.
I won't use them for anything now. to be fair I also won't use Hermes as I like my parcels to arrive at the location without shoe stamps on them.

To be honest, we accept nothing but rubbish service in this country full stop and people need to stop being so nice when they are receiving nothing but substandard service
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Royal Mail first class RANT - 28/01/2020 19:03

and fleeced at the same time. Much like the public transport system.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK