Fiat Coupe Club UK

Joe- are you safe?!

Posted By: Thunderbox

Joe- are you safe?! - 18/02/2020 22:08

Joe, seeing the news I’m just hoping you’re not flooding out?!
Stay safe.
Posted By: HiraethHuw

Re: Joe- are you safe?! - 19/02/2020 09:56

So long as the flood waters don't get into the barrells of Butty Bach all is well with the world beer
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Joe- are you safe?! - 19/02/2020 12:02

Yes heard the owner of "The Swan" on Radio 4 this morning and was shocked to hear how bad he river has swollen and the impact it's having on the town-and of course thoughts for Joe!

I looked over the very same stretch f river last time my Coupe was at Joe's getting some work done - and I saw the flood defenses he was talking about....But I know FCSS is further away and on higher ground - imagine your journey on and out of town is impacted!

Here's a shout out to any other Coupe owner who's affected by the current winter flooding (Global Warming MY FOOT! it's WINTER FLOODING) - I hope no-one is loosing homes or possessions.

Regards

MM
Posted By: samsite999

Re: Joe- are you safe?! - 19/02/2020 12:26

All is well with FCSS! not under water although access though upton could be a pain
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Joe- are you safe?! - 19/02/2020 13:46

Originally Posted by samsite999
All is well with FCSS! not under water although access though upton could be a pain

It's true, Joe's location is outside of town and a bit above the height of the river so no underwater coupes
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Joe- are you safe?! - 19/02/2020 19:32

It's been a very testing few days around here that I can say, Upton town centre has had evacuation warnings for the past 3x nights moving the owners who live directly behind the defences to higher ground, coaches put on and people to assist and did they move, no of course not laugh

It's bad here, it's bad in Hereford, it's bad all over as it is in the SE because rivers swell and that's what happens when it doesn't have anywhere to go.

Personally I'm not effected, the Wye Valley brewery is able to deliver Butty and FCSS is up on high ground so I'm ok and thanks for the thought smile
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Joe- are you safe?! - 19/02/2020 20:04

I just imagined loads of coffins floating down the road past Joe's place!

No Im not being morbid but I seem to remember a coffin makers next door to fcss.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Joe- are you safe?! - 19/02/2020 20:09

Originally Posted by magooagain
I just imagined loads of coffins floating down the road past Joe's place!

No Im not being morbid but I seem to remember a coffin makers next door to fcss.

Yes the coffin factory could have made a nice side line selling flat bottomed single person water crafts laugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK