Fiat Coupe Club UK

forum help

Posted By: jimboy

forum help - 29/04/2020 16:35

I would like to add some speakers to my laptop through the usb port, nothing too expensive, but I'd like a decent sound. I realise that I'm going to be limited sound wise. I've done all the detective work but with so much choice & conflicting views I'm non the wiser about my quest. Can anyone recommend what sounds good & what to keep clear of. Cheers... smile

Re: forum help - 30/04/2020 09:53

Anyone? wave
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: forum help - 30/04/2020 10:34

Bose is quality equipment Jim, but it depends on your budget.

Bose Soundlink

Otherwise John Lewis and Currys do something for around £60 but I can't attest to their success...at least with JL you'll have a 2 year guarantee.

Re: forum help - 30/04/2020 11:01

Thanks for that Simon, the Bose although I could afford it, is really not worth it. I would have gone to Currys but I'm in strict lock in due to our son, my Daughter would never forgive me. I'll keep looking, after all I've plenty of time... nerd.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: forum help - 30/04/2020 11:31

Currys are still delivering Jim even though their stores are closed.
Link.
Although they may not be doing deliveries everywhere I suppose.
Posted By: JKD

Re: forum help - 30/04/2020 11:59

As someone who has never personally used USB speakers, I'm wondering Jim, in this case, wouldn't it be acceptable to just use the standard audio jack? As per your requirements, wouldn't the sound be decent and you'd have a wider, more budget-friendly range of speakers?

Or are USB speakers much better sounding compared to equivalently priced audio jack speakers? So is it a case of, say you have £60 to spend, £60 USB speakers are much better compared to £60 audio jack speakers? So in that case you'd might as well get the USB speakers? confused

Re: forum help - 30/04/2020 16:14

Aye JKD, I'm learning all the time, I didn't realise that I indeed have a wee jack plug on my laptop.... rolleyes Still looking.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: forum help - 30/04/2020 16:26

Does it need to be portable Jim or can you just run a lead to your own sound system?
Posted By: szkom

Re: forum help - 30/04/2020 18:31

Running with the thought above. If your laptop has Bluetooth and your telly/hifi/dvd has a line in option you can get a Bluetooth adapter that would plug in and allow you to stream from the laptop/smartphone. Not the last word in sound quality, but certainly passable. Even the cheaper import adapters have come on in recent years
Posted By: andyps

Re: forum help - 30/04/2020 20:36

I have a set of Bose speaker that use the audio jack on my laptop, they give excellent quality and volume of sound but were, I think, £180 from the Bose outlet in the designer outlet in York. Well worth it though.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: forum help - 30/04/2020 21:36

I recently bought a USB Bluetooth dongle. It was only a couple of quid and means my laptop now can connect to Bluetooth headphones, speakers and my turbo trainer in the shed laugh

Having Bluetooth will probably give more choice of speaker. And it's plug and play - very easy to use.

I've got a Denon portable speaker which has fantastic sound quality so can recommend them, though are a bit pricey I got mine half price. Here's a few which aren't too expensive.

speakers
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK