Fiat Coupe Club UK

It's been a while...

Posted By: JimO

It's been a while... - 27/06/2020 19:45

Hi y'all

Jim here. It's been a while to say the least, don't think I've posted for over 3 years. I hope everyone, old and new, is doing well and that some of the old timers are still around and recognise me laugh And I hope everyone is well during these strange times with covid and lockdown and not sunning themselves in Bournemouth!

Anyway, I have a reason for the post, but will pop that in the right place, this is just to say hi bye
Posted By: PeteP

Re: It's been a while... - 27/06/2020 21:03

Hi Jim, good to see you back.
Posted By: Barmybob

Re: It's been a while... - 28/06/2020 01:38

Hi Jim. Wow it has been a long time, hope you are keeping well.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: It's been a while... - 28/06/2020 16:08

Yo JimO (and it's been a while since Bob posted, too...)

Neil
Posted By: Wishy

Re: It's been a while... - 28/06/2020 19:51

Greetings bye
Seeing you say hello reminds me that I'm now over 10 years without a coop. shocked Don't post much nowadays but am usually lurking nearby.
Posted By: Begbie

Re: It's been a while... - 29/06/2020 08:26

wave Hey JimO
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: It's been a while... - 29/06/2020 12:15

Hi Jim. We must stop meeting like this.

Re: It's been a while... - 29/06/2020 16:16

Hi all. Nice to see some familiar faces around still. It's like finding your old trainers and easing them back on and getting that warm comfy feeling smile
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: It's been a while... - 29/06/2020 16:51

Originally Posted by JimO
Hi all. Nice to see some familiar faces around still. It's like finding your old trainers and easing them back on and getting that warm comfy feeling smile

Steady on Jim, you'll get DaveG on here in a minute complaining about overt displays of man-love laugh
Posted By: Barmybob

Re: It's been a while... - 29/06/2020 19:39

Originally Posted by barnacle
Yo JimO (and it's been a while since Bob posted, too...)

Neil

Hi Neil,

I do take a look at the place every now and again and was hoping to be attending elements of the 25th anniversary meeting, though there were no thoughts in my mind of any man-love smile
Posted By: DaveG

Re: It's been a while... - 29/06/2020 23:14

Originally Posted by Begbie
wave Hey JimO

Welcome back Alexis, only your 15th post this year, we are honoured

Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Originally Posted by JimO

Steady on Jim, you'll get DaveG on here in a minute complaining about overt displays of man-love laugh

Now steady on you two...
Posted By: Begbie

Re: It's been a while... - 30/06/2020 10:33

16th post now Dave tongue I do come here on a daily basis, just don't have much to add as I'm only reading certain sections of the forum, but thanks for being a stalker laugh
Posted By: bockers

Re: It's been a while... - 01/07/2020 10:06

The clan is reforming in these strange times . Wellformed here yet?

Re: It's been a while... - 01/07/2020 12:13

Or mycroft ooo

Wow - no longer censored - standards are dropping round here!

Re: It's been a while... - 01/07/2020 18:45

You missed Stan's brief reappearance about 18 months ago JimO....
Posted By: respace

Re: It's been a while... - 01/07/2020 20:31

Originally Posted by Edinburgh
You missed Stan's brief reappearance about 18 months ago JimO....

To be fair he's been a bit busy with Brexit, the virus and the marriage, baby etc

Re: It's been a while... - 01/07/2020 22:22

laugh
Posted By: Theresa

Re: It's been a while... - 02/07/2020 15:17

Hi JimO wave cool
Posted By: DaveG

Re: It's been a while... - 02/07/2020 19:08

Originally Posted by bockers
The clan is reforming in these strange times . Wellformed here yet?

Oh wow, hello John, all the old forum fossils are coming out now! I mean showing up, not "coming out" wink
Posted By: whatmoretyres

Re: It's been a while... - 07/07/2020 16:07

*Lurks*
Posted By: mrc

Re: It's been a while... - 08/07/2020 09:56

Hi JimO, what are you driving these days?

Re: It's been a while... - 09/07/2020 20:07

Hey mrc, how are you?

I've gone a bit sensible, I sold my own car about 4 or 5 years ago and since have leased. I realised I was only driving to and from work and wa spending more on tax and maintenance than was necessary. So I sold up and went leased.

Currently I have a Leon Cupra which is a bit of fun, quick enough to break the speed limit and with no hassle driving, but does hold the road very well for a small hatchback.

It does to go back after September and due to covid I'm now no.longer commuting, so time for another change and I'm thinking cheap convertible at the moment. Low cost but a bit different, as I'll only be doing 1 or 2k Miles a year, no need for much more!

What are you in these days?
Posted By: Heatseeker

Re: It's been a while... - 10/07/2020 10:21

i will be looking to sell my Toyota Celica 2,0 GT convertable in a few weeks time
Posted By: paulw

Re: It's been a while... - 22/07/2020 15:07

Hi Jim,

I think I am as bad.... no, that's worse than you for not being around! It's not that I haven't got a coupe (I have, although it needs the gearstick casing replacing and hasn't moved in over a year!), but somehow life has got in the way since we moved to France!

The Coupe still only has 45k on the clock, really should be sorted out so that we can use it to tour round a bit over here. COVID stopped things for a little bit but here in rural France we don't see many people and it's getting back to some sort of normality.

Hope everyone is doing fine in the UK

Paul
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: It's been a while... - 22/07/2020 20:39

Hey Paul, good to see you back here. Whereabouts are you in France?
Posted By: paulw

Re: It's been a while... - 22/07/2020 21:38

Hi Jim,

We are down SW in the Charente in a little place called Ruffec - We are in the town but the countryside is about 5 mins away!

You used to be much further north when you were out here, weren't you?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK