Fiat Coupe Club UK

Success Breeds Success

Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Success Breeds Success - 19/09/2020 14:06

They often say in F1 that getting your first win is really important and that people get a real boost from it.

I had my first outright win racing quite a few years ago though, TBH, it was as much to do with choosing wet weather tyres when most of the rest of the field were running dry tyres.

Then, at Anglesey last year, I was leading in the CSCC race by 18 seconds when a wire popped off the coil. Anyhow, next race on, at Thruxton, I won in a really close battle with a BMW 2002 - with the race being decided on a game of chicken on the brakes into the last corner (chicane) on the last lap.

This season, I’m three races in with 3 wins (poles and fastest laps) - another win at Thruxton and two wins at Lydden Hill (where I’ve never raced before). Just one race to go (Combe 4th Oct) with the Alfas.

I think the psychology is really interesting - turning up believing that you can win.

All the videos are on YouTube though lights-to-flag wins don’t make for very interesting videos. Link to Lydden below - it’s a great little circuit.

https://youtu.be/51Sp4ZY-tLQ
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Success Breeds Success - 20/09/2020 14:51

Glad to see things coming together for you MRS on track. smile
The Lydden track video gives the impression it's nearly all uphill most of the way around!
Continued success for the rest of the season.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK