Fiat Coupe Club UK

This weekend you'll be mainly.....

Posted By: Edinburgh

This weekend you'll be mainly..... - 10/10/2020 09:02

....Discuss.

So far the unbridled excitement in this household will include a Click and Collect from Sainsburys, a walk in a hitherto untrodden location with a couple of friends and an online piano lesson tomorrow (which is never satisfactory as the sound transmission of the instrument is simply not effective on the usual platforms - zoom, F/time etc. - they won't sustain sound frown )

Started watching the Oceans series on iPlayer - having seen the black-and-white Jacques Cousteau's diving adventures all those years ago it's fascinating to see the lineage maintained.
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: This weekend you'll be mainly..... - 10/10/2020 12:10

... emptying my brain after another week of new job training, trying to decipher the i-Drive on the 545, stacking the last tools etc from the workshop into the garage, watching the F1, walking the dog.
Plus a number of other staggeringly interesting events including (but not limited to) changing the blades and foil on my electric razor.

The fun never stops.
Posted By: Emjay

Re: This weekend you'll be mainly..... - 10/10/2020 14:59

Running a church group for teenagers Friday evening, few hours work Saturday morning to catch up, lunch with friends, bit more work, pop onto the forum, other friends over for dinner and a post-prandial spot of whiff whaff, Running a group for younger kids at church Sunday morning, friends over for lunch, then I'd like to think that after that there's nothing to do but perhaps put feet up with Mrs J, watch a film and have a snifter of our 2020 batch of rhubarb vodka, but sadly I have papers on a legal case of my own that I need to work through - I may need to put that off though as I have just had a message from friend who's in a pickle and needs to tap me up for advice this weekend. So, whilst there is a part of me that resents not having much time to relax in my "nothing box", I guess it really should be a weekend to count blessings - being able to spend time with friends, having work (which I enjoy) and being in a position where our fortunate circumstances mean we can perhaps do some bits for others - that is not a thought that comes naturally, though.

Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: This weekend you'll be mainly..... - 10/10/2020 16:03

Trying to set myself ablaze messing about with an old Chinese mini moto-X bike. Had fired it up after 5 years in the shed and was running along the drive when it spat fuel out on my trousers. Thinking that this probably wasn’t too clever, I hopped off - at which point the whole thing went up in flames. Grabbed the nearest fire extinguisher which happened to be nearer 30 years old and, to my relief, it worked perfectly. Bike is going to the tip where it had been destined before I got tempted to try it out.

Other than that brief excitement, I’ve put the race car and the BSA away in the garage (along with all sorts of other autumn prep) and will be mending the shed roof tomorrow.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: This weekend you'll be mainly..... - 10/10/2020 16:27

Well on present evidence I reckon I need to get out more...

Right then I'll go and make some bread with spelt flour. yipee Very tasty btw especially toasted.
Posted By: Wishy

Re: This weekend you'll be mainly..... - 10/10/2020 17:24

Dad's taxi for most of Saturday getting microWishy to and from a football match followed by dancing. Supermarket shop with MrsWishy and visit to seniorWishys to move a table and some paving slabs for them. Takeaway curry with microWishy and MrsWishy (miniWishy has a job now and will be at work!), sit on backside, test some code (see below)/ watch crap on tele/surf t'internet.

Tomorrow, more taxi duties to acting classes and then a combination of working, studying (I'm now a computing student for the next couple of years) and helping clean/tidy the house as we're just about to put it on the market.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: This weekend you'll be mainly..... - 10/10/2020 19:06

...trying to get 2 cars through their MoTs...and failing

The 2017 124 Spider failed its first MoT shocked on emissions, lambda too high (too lean). I was expecting the Ragazzon silencer-free cat-back exhaust to be "too loud" but no problem there. I've uploaded the standard tune back and will check for exhaust leaks during the week but may have to try putting the standard system back on.

After an extended lockdown hibernation, I needed to jump start the Pearl White Plus, but after finding that the heater matrix had started leaking rolleyes I then had to cancel the Pearl White Plus test when I found that both the speedo and tacho needles wouldn't move frown

Then on a nice 6 mile walk this afternoon, got a bit drenched in an unexpected heavy shower (didn't check the rain radar). Off to watch some TV tonight, then tomorrow morning off for a cycle ride if there are no showers (will check the rain radar this time), and on Sundays it's always my job to cook the roast...
Posted By: magooagain

Re: This weekend you'll be mainly..... - 10/10/2020 20:01

6 am this morning I decide to take Gill to casualty after her injuring her knee last night getting down from her bus.
Left her there to go home and walk our little dog(Mavis).
Exray was taken and it's been decided her knees are Fecked. They are both ready to be replaced at some point!

Got Gill home by 11.30 am. Got her settled and then off to work for a couple of hours that needed doing.

Home and a snooze. Big walk for Mavis in the afternoon.
Nice mixed grill tonight outside by the terrace log burner.
Gills camped on the sofa with pain killers and a knee brace on order from the pharmacy.

More Mavis walks in the morning.
If Gill is ok we will go to her bus depot and pick up an automatic bus she can drive,but will do an unfamiliar round next week.
She will go in to work due to the fact that two drivers have to isolate due to family members having covid positive tests and are very short of drivers! One more week to half term. I think we will see some sort of lockdown then.

It's on our rural France doorstep!

I may turn my In ground pool into a bunker!
Posted By: samsite999

Re: This weekend you'll be mainly..... - 10/10/2020 20:58

Sorry to hear about gills knees frown
Seems like everyone had an exciting sat!

I Collected a pug 107? 3 cylinder 1ltr Jobby for a little turn around project for my mate (I was just a driver)

Attacked some jobs on the coupe, trying to stop ingress of water in boot, trying to free up the heater fan that's not playing ball, and trying to sort out the icv!
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: This weekend you'll be mainly..... - 11/10/2020 08:27

+1 for sympathy for Gill's knees!
Posted By: barnacle

Re: This weekend you'll be mainly..... - 15/10/2020 17:50

This weekend I are mostly unpacking in Berlin, again. I no longer have a house.

What's the difference between an expat and an immigrant?
Posted By: PeteP

Re: This weekend you'll be mainly..... - 15/10/2020 18:13

An immigrant plans on integrating.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK