Fiat Coupe Club UK

Big game tonight

Posted By: Edinburgh

Big game tonight - 18/06/2021 13:14

Scotland are playing well but must put away their chances - will England avoid the dreaded curse of retreating into themselves?

Attached picture IMG-20210618-WA0003.jpg
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Big game tonight - 18/06/2021 13:28

I’m not a huge football fan, but the likes of the game tonight will be of a bit of interest laugh. Giving the past events of everything that has hit this country it really would be a huge boost for Scotland to win. But It’s one thing wishing for the best and being positive, it’s a very different thing facing facts cry. The Scottish fans who are in London will have a blast no matter what, but IF we did the deed, look out for a BIG party beer woohoo
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Big game tonight - 18/06/2021 15:33

My daughter, Eve, is in France right now with the Williams F1 team. Now, even though she’s English, Eve grew up in Scotland and did the whole of secondary school and university there so people get really confused by her accent. The Williams motor home manager asked Eve’s boss if she thought Eve would mind if he put up some England flags laugh

It will truly blow their minds when they find out she was born in Belgium…. wink
Posted By: wink

Re: Big game tonight - 18/06/2021 16:22

My (English) son's flatmate is Scots. Could be a tense evening...
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: Big game tonight - 18/06/2021 20:06

England, like watching paint dry. Is there an acadamy where they teach players to pass backwards?
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Big game tonight - 19/06/2021 05:36

Last week my German paragliding friends invited me to watch the Germany match. I find football about as interesting as watching a particularly dull shade of paint dry, so I declined... though an incompetent invasion of the pitch by a powered paraglider, who collected the overhead camera wires and some members of the crowd, and a one-nil defeat by an own goal did provide for an amount of teasing the next day laugh
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Big game tonight - 19/06/2021 10:02

Free-flowing, well-contested game with probably the best result as it still gives both England and Scotland a chance to go through...an even BIGGER game now on Tuesday though ooo
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Big game tonight - 19/06/2021 13:34

Well played Scotland - possibly unfortunate not to have claimed all 3 points. tongue
Grealish should have played from the start.
Sadly Kane seems out of sorts.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Big game tonight - 21/06/2021 16:55

Some of my neighbours had a small Germany game party at the weekend. Next day I asked my next door bloke how the match was - he said he didn't know, he only went for the sausages and beer...
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Big game tonight - 21/06/2021 19:34

Luckily Germany won, otherwise the menu would have been sauerkraut! laugh

Originally Posted by barnacle
Some of my neighbours had a small Germany game party at the weekend. Next day I asked my next door bloke how the match was - he said he didn't know, he only went for the sausages and beer...

© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK