Fiat Coupe Club UK

It's not coming home

Posted By: Wishy

It's not coming home - 11/07/2021 23:03

if you're not bothered then this is football related FWIW (always a minority topic here)!

Never mind, young team and all that and further than they've ever been in my lifetime (only just though). Not that I'm some hugely perceptive pundit but my pre-match prediction was that we could do it IF we did it within 90 minutes, anything else was Italy's.

In the end only me and ABE supporting Micro-Wishy stayed up to watch the penalties so I had to endure in-house treason-gloating. I do see her point that (she plays football at a local club so is no stranger to the game) the boys in her class/year (13 yo) come across as massive bell-ends regarding football (same as it ever was to quote David Byrne) coupled with the pointless online laughing at the crying German girl fan last week encouraged her partisan approach to tonight's game.

The Dad's/Mum's/random siblings vs U13 team game this afternoon ended up with a double victory for me (I scored two goals AND my dodgy left knee didn't give way) but I know which victory I rather would have had.

Anyway, a bit late in the day for a FCCUK Euro 2020/21 post but here it is.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: It's not coming home - 12/07/2021 16:16

But at least my neighbours will talk to me again.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK