Fiat Coupe Club UK

Genesis

Posted By: G_Man

Genesis - 26/09/2021 14:13

No - not a sub group to discuss the merits of The Old Testament but off to see them tomorrow evening in Leeds party

Was worried that they were well past it (although poor old PC is suffering) but reviews so far have been very good. Bit light on the proper 70's prog for my liking but what the heck as it's bound to be their last tour most likely. Can't understand they've omitted Trick of the Tail from the set list mind .. frown
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Genesis - 26/09/2021 19:45

Ha! And I'm just leaving Leeds tomorrow morning - if I can find a petrol station.....
Posted By: bockers

Re: Genesis - 30/09/2021 09:14

Saw them at Twickenham on the 2007 tour. Fantastic evening. They always sound great and do a good light show so i doubt you were dissapointed.
Posted By: respace

Re: Genesis - 30/09/2021 16:03

In the begining God thought these Fiats are a bit dull, I'll get that Bangle bloke to liven them up a bit and behold the 16v! After awhile, God thought this could use a bit more poke and behold the 16vt! Warming to his task God thought Gee VIS see what happens if I stick another cylinder on the little blighter, still not satisfied he decided to stick a turbo on it behold the 20vt!
It came to pass the God felt he was being lustful, craving after inappropriate, impractical manly pleasures and resolved not to make anymore Fiat sports cars, at the same time he got fed up with prog rock and cast St Peter (Gabriel) out into the world music wilderness and said unto him don't you come round here until you can come with a worthy successor to the coop.
Gabriel travelled for many years and could not find anything remotely appropriate, until whilst drunk in a Japanese bar he heard of the MX5, what if he stuck a Fiat badge on the front, God would be happy and he could rejoin Genesis. St Philip has been struggling abit lately and he'd welcome a return from the prodigal son, after all this is where prog (ical) rock began with Genesis.
And it came to pass that they all lived happily ever after. Although God was a bit suspicious as it seemed strangely reliable.

And if you tell that to kids today they won't believe you.

Re: Genesis - 30/09/2021 17:06

Originally Posted by respace
In the begining God thought these Fiats are a bit dull, I'll get that Bangle bloke to liven them up a bit and behold the 16v! After awhile, God thought this could use a bit more poke and behold the 16vt! Warming to his task God thought Gee VIS see what happens if I stick another cylinder on the little blighter, still not satisfied he decided to stick a turbo on it behold the 20vt!
It came to pass the God felt he was being lustful, craving after inappropriate, impractical manly pleasures and resolved not to make anymore Fiat sports cars, at the same time he got fed up with prog rock and cast St Peter (Gabriel) out into the world music wilderness and said unto him don't you come round here until you can come with a worthy successor to the coop.
Gabriel travelled for many years and could not find anything remotely appropriate, until whilst drunk in a Japanese bar he heard of the MX5, what if he stuck a Fiat badge on the front, God would be happy and he could rejoin Genesis. St Philip has been struggling abit lately and he'd welcome a return from the prodigal son, after all this is where prog (ical) rock began with Genesis.
And it came to pass that they all lived happily ever after. Although God was a bit suspicious as it seemed strangely reliable.

And if you tell that to kids today they won't believe you.

I laughed out loud at this!
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: Genesis - 30/09/2021 19:07

Surely there's a Fiat Lux gag to be had there?

Re: Genesis - 30/09/2021 19:57

Originally Posted by Jim_Clennell
Surely there's a Fiat Lux gag to be had there?

drivingidea
Posted By: respace

Re: Genesis - 30/09/2021 20:01

I'd like to say "That's all" or "No reply at all" but maybe we could "Turn it on again" as I don't want to "Throw it all away" at least not "Tonight, tonight tonight", in case there's any "Misunderstanding" you need to realise "Jesus he knows me" but then he drove into Jerusalem on a Triumph so what does he know?

PS working on the Lux bit, maybe 'let there be be light' but unfortunately the Multiplex was in shot!
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Genesis - 30/09/2021 20:25

Apropos of nothing: one of my friends at BBC Leeds was Dave Crickmore, formerly of the band Fiat Lux and (slightly) more recently This and The Durbevilles...
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Genesis - 01/10/2021 06:55

The MX5 with the Fiat badge on made me think of a wide mouth frog, and those headlights crazy It’s a pity Fiat hasn’t came up with a decent sports car of their own in recent times. They’re going to become a rare beastie, only 3000 or so sold in the UK.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK