Fiat Coupe Club UK

Temp car insurance

Posted By: G_Man

Temp car insurance - 29/12/2021 19:19

Got the kids back from uni and my youngest (past test 08/20, no no-claims, 19 yo etc) want's to be on the insurance on the 500X 1.6 mjet for the next 5 days. If anyone's in the same position try Veygo - they were the cheapest BY FAR and got her on for £55.50 shocked. Ok the excess is steep but they all are. Thought I'd mention and I'm not affiliated with Veygo / Admiral in any way smile
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Temp car insurance - 30/12/2021 16:45

In recent years I've been insured for general cars with LV= and when daughter has wandered into the UK from Germany they've cheerfully added her for a (minimum) month for a few quid (under twenty). Though she's much older than your daughter, and has a clean licence in recent years, they don't seem to care that she lived in Germany but passed her test in the UK when she was living with us.
Posted By: Wishy

Re: Temp car insurance - 31/12/2021 13:47

That's interesting to know, our eldest has just passed his test and whilst we hadn't even contemplated the huge cost of putting him on either of cars fully (lets face it, it will be MrsWishy's Mini not my Swedish behemoth!), a week here and there would be useful to keep him in practice/drive us to and from the pub.
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: Temp car insurance - 31/12/2021 17:28

We put our house-sitters on the Corsa-e insurance for a week for £16 last September. LV again.
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Temp car insurance - 31/12/2021 18:23

I’m another that has found LV to be reasonable for added youngsters.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK