Fiat Coupe Club UK

Weedkiller

Posted By: Edinburgh

Weedkiller - 22/03/2022 21:26

I need to eradicate some pernicious roots that have been climbing up the inside of my garden wall. It's one of those with sandstone each side and filled with junk internally. Over years the pointing has degraded allowing creeping stuff to work its way along the joints, bringing its soil with it.

What does anyone use? I hear that one of the most effective contains Glyphosate and I have found this one which includes a convenient long hose trigger...

Weed Gone
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Weedkiller - 23/03/2022 06:39

Salt!

Might take a bit longer than usual weedkiller, but less harmful and does the job and cheaper too.
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Weedkiller - 23/03/2022 10:36

SBK weed killer has worked for me, but I've been using it to get rid of horsetail

Re: Weedkiller - 23/03/2022 13:13

Originally Posted by Edinburgh
I need to eradicate some pernicious roots that have been climbing up the inside of my garden wall. It's one of those with sandstone each side and filled with junk internally. Over years the pointing has degraded allowing creeping stuff to work its way along the joints, bringing its soil with it.

What does anyone use? I hear that one of the most effective contains Glyphosate and I have found this one which includes a convenient long hose trigger...

Weed Gone

I wish sellers would take more care advertising their products - this is actually Glyphosate - free rolleyes
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Weedkiller - 23/03/2022 13:39

Gallop X-L is the stuff you need Simon. I use it around my garage in a strong mixture, kills everything in sight, even small trees. yes
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Weedkiller - 23/03/2022 16:46

One thing to bear in mind when choosing a weed killer is any toxic effects on pet animals, wildlife and watercourses.
Posted By: PaulL

Re: Weedkiller - 23/03/2022 18:39

Also, persistence. Keep at it for a week or two, to get into the roots
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Weedkiller - 23/03/2022 18:40

Gallop XL is pet safe once dry.

Re: Weedkiller - 23/03/2022 21:28

The good thing about whatever I eventually get is that it's being directed inside the wall then the lime mortar will cover it.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK