Fiat Coupe Club UK

The Queen.

Posted By: PaulL

The Queen. - 09/09/2022 18:48

Very strange feelings that The Queen is no longer with us.

God Save The King.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: The Queen. - 09/09/2022 22:22

Agreed Paul. Must be particularly so when you are presently far away.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: The Queen. - 10/09/2022 09:28

I’m no royalist my any means, but it is what it is, for too many hangers on but that’s another story. What I will say however Britain will will be viewed a different place on the world stage, and not the right reasons. Just my thoughts.

Re: The Queen. - 10/09/2022 10:32

Yes, there seems no likelihood the ancient system will be changed anytime soon. On the assumption we accept what "is" at the present imho I feel more optimistic if anything as KC3 is far more in touch with people of diverse creeds, ethnicities and background than any of his predecessors.

While he is stepping back by necessity from previous activism I wouldn't be surprised if his weekly meetings with any PM will allow his views to be subtly assumed and therefore filtered down.

Re: The Queen. - 10/09/2022 11:29

Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Yes, there seems no likelihood the ancient system will be changed anytime soon. On the assumption we accept what "is" at the present imho I feel more optimistic if anything as KC3 is far more in touch with people of diverse creeds, ethnicities and background than any of his predecessors.

While he is stepping back by necessity from previous activism I wouldn't be surprised if his weekly meetings with any PM will allow his views to be subtly assumed and therefore filtered down.

Actually Charlie is not well received by some, and in high places, some around him just think he’s not fit for purpose as King. He’s had a tough childhood and well into his adulthood. He will have to keep his trap shut on some of his hair brained ideas, also step away from his charities, some have been viewed as suspect at the least involving baggage full of cash. Obviously he has his followers, but unlike the Queen who was admired by everyone practically not only here but abroad as well.

Purely on a personal point of view Charlie always came across as very nervous and fidgety and did not fit well into his position. Given that he’s now King, watch the lackeys round him crawl up his rectum. Again just my thoughts.
Posted By: PaulL

Re: The Queen. - 19/09/2022 20:46

Wonderful funeral for the Queen.

I'm pleased to be British.

Re: The Queen. - 19/09/2022 20:57

Yes, we had an unusual experience of it setting off home from Leeds this morning, first listening to the radio commentary on an uncommonly empty A1, then barging in on the TV version going full swing on arrival at Ponteland for an early lunch...

Our experiences have been that Ch4 has been a little more prepared to mention that some are less in favour of things royal than others, whereas we have not encountered the "anti" views being referred to on the Beeb at all. Perhaps we missed them.

Whether one believes of not, the scale and organisation of the whole shebang has been mightily impressive even if it has been planned and rehearsed for years. If we can do things that well how nice it would be to follow suit with politics, for example.

Re: The Queen. - 20/09/2022 08:33

Aye it was some funeral, my wife who like myself is no royalist dressed up in a black dress and watched the whole event. Some amazing scenes such as the pipers and all their regalia. I attended a village funeral, our of neighbour and friend who recently died. It was a bizarre day for me in some ways.

I’m certainly far from anti royal, but what you will find up here it’s the hanger ons that are less welcomed. We live in a country where the wealth divide is vast, now it’s not a matter of jealousy it’s eye watering the vast sums we are talking about here. People came to watch the funeral and what a spectacle it was, but many will go back to far less easy life, food banks and wondering how to manage. Many would have spent money that they may have couldn’t afford perhaps.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK