Fiat Coupe Club UK

4th jab yesterday

Posted By: Edinburgh

4th jab yesterday - 10/10/2022 09:41

Felt for the beleagured student nurses who are on 11 and 1/2 hr shifts (0800 - 1930) with half an hour for lunch frown

They're told to take 15 mins for tea but with many elderly and infirm folk struggling to stand in the queue outside that goes by the board.

Flu jab in the right, booster in the left; bit achey today esp left arm but hey mustn't grumble.

Just get on and pay nurses properly, stop charging them to park, then laying on a shift bus which is so far away they have to cross unlit areas to get to it rolleyes
Posted By: barnacle

Re: 4th jab yesterday - 10/10/2022 10:42

Funny; we discussed a fifth jab with our doctor this week. Conclusion was 'no official policy, they'll do it if we ask, but recommend waiting'. Oh, and you need a flu jab next time you're in, and part two of two for shingles. That's on top of the recent rabies jabs (three), various flavours of hep, and tick-borne encephalitis.

Starting to feel like a bloody hedgehog.
Posted By: paulw

Re: 4th jab yesterday - 18/10/2022 19:35

Ah, just booked our 4th Covid jab with the Pharmacie today when I went in for my flu jab - missed the third one as we caught Covid when it was due!

Only lasted a few days, but I wouldn't want another dose!

Re: 4th jab yesterday - 26/10/2022 13:02

Was back in a couple of weeks ago for the flu jab - left arm, painful but ok the next day - and the shingles II jab, right arm, couldn't use it for a week! Ow!

Covid V next time we pass the doctor's.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: 4th jab yesterday - 26/10/2022 13:28

Both my wife and I are booked in for the 4th nov in Inverness, however our son who needs this more than us is booked into a village in the opposite direction at a different date. We have to take him with us to Inverness anyway so we will chance our luck and ask if he can have the jag as well. Don’t ask you don’t get.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: 4th jab yesterday - 26/10/2022 14:10

Originally Posted by jimboy
Both my wife and I are booked in for the 4th nov in Inverness, however our son who needs this more than us is booked into a village in the opposite direction at a different date. We have to take him with us to Inverness anyway so we will chance our luck and ask if he can have the jag as well. Don’t ask you don’t get.

No harm in trying.

Or you could try changing the appointments online if you don't want to wait in a phone queue. Certainly folk round here have managed to get rebooked in a far quieter - and nearer - centre recently.
Posted By: PaulL

Re: 4th jab yesterday - 26/10/2022 16:34

I had my 4th COVID this afternoon at a local pharmacy after booking six days ago.
They offered a flu jab at the same time, so went for it.

Re: 4th jab yesterday - 26/10/2022 16:36

I forgot to say.

Both jabs totally painless.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: 4th jab yesterday - 26/10/2022 21:22

I've been offered my 4th jab, but didn't respond and now they've made an appointment for me in November, which I won't be attending.

I've had 3 jabs, which were Pfizer, so I didn't mind, but this 4th jab seems to be a mixture, which I'm not happy about and quite a few people I know have been ill after it, so I'm not having it.

I've had my Flu jab though, so hopefully, all will be good.

Re: 4th jab yesterday - 27/10/2022 07:52

Hello Theresa

The nurse did say that mine was a Pfizer omicron mixture.
My previous were Pfizer as well.

My COVID arm does feel slightly bruised, but so does the flu arm.

I have no side effects.
Posted By: Ali_and_Marvin

Re: 4th jab yesterday - 29/10/2022 22:03

Hello Theresa

I don't know if this will help with your decision but Lez and I had our Covid boosters this afternoon which turned out to be Pfizer (we weren't offered the combination). The leaflet we got explains that the combination includes a half dose of the previous vaccine combined with a half dose of a vaccine against the Omicron variant. Both boost protection well but the combination produces slightly higher levels of antibody against some strains of Omicron. It said we shouldn't delay vaccination to receive a combination vaccine.

Jabs 1 and 2 were Astra Zenica and the first booster last Dec was Moderna.

My arm was still sore today from my flu jab a couple of weeks ago but I had the Covid booster in the same arm with no problem today. I think the trick is to ensure your arm is nice and relaxed (which mine wasn't for the flu jab) so the muscles aren't too tense when the needle goes in. So far no after effects but we're taking it easy for the rest of the weekend. wink
Posted By: Submariner

Re: 4th jab yesterday - 30/10/2022 14:58

Originally Posted by PaulL
I forgot to say.

Both jabs totally painless.

Painless or pointless wink.....I have had 3 in total only so I could go abroad in 2020, 2021 and this year,,,,,can't see the point of any more.....I have had Covid once....unsure of what the jabs actually did for me tbh. I am guessing apart from making Big Pharma richer, almost nothing; but who knows.

Re: 4th jab yesterday - 01/11/2022 11:52

My favourite antivaxxer comment: Isn't it funny how 'they' tailored the virus so it only affects those who haven't had the vaccine?

As to whether it works or not: consider the infection and death rates pre vaccination and more recently. Certainly you will find that *more* people who have been vaccinated than those who have not - but that is entirely predictable given that (a) there are far more people vaccinated than not at this time, and (b) many of the more vulnerable - the elderly, the immune impaired etc. - have already died...

As someone in both of those categories I have had vaccines and will continue to do so. Vaccines - in general - work and as a result we don't have smallpox, polio, and many other diseases that were still killers when I was a child. It may well be that the various covid vaccines don't work as well as we would like - I don't think there is any vaccine that works 100% - or that some are more effective than others. It's what one might expect in a vaccine which started research so recently, and I'll expect it to improve in the future. But I won't be without.

I haven't - as far as I know - had Covid. I haven't had Tick-borne Encephalitis, Brucellocis, Hepatitis, Flu, or dozens of other diseases against which I have been vaccinated... in spite of an almost 100% chance of being exposed to people carrying those diseases.

Vaccination works.
Posted By: Ali_and_Marvin

Re: 4th jab yesterday - 03/11/2022 21:17

Originally Posted by Ali_and_Marvin
Hello Theresa

I don't know if this will help with your decision but Lez and I had our Covid boosters this afternoon which turned out to be Pfizer (we weren't offered the combination). The leaflet we got explains that the combination includes a half dose of the previous vaccine combined with a half dose of a vaccine against the Omicron variant. Both boost protection well but the combination produces slightly higher levels of antibody against some strains of Omicron. It said we shouldn't delay vaccination to receive a combination vaccine.

Jabs 1 and 2 were Astra Zenica and the first booster last Dec was Moderna.

My arm was still sore today from my flu jab a couple of weeks ago but I had the Covid booster in the same arm with no problem today. I think the trick is to ensure your arm is nice and relaxed (which mine wasn't for the flu jab) so the muscles aren't too tense when the needle goes in. So far no after effects but we're taking it easy for the rest of the weekend. wink

Hmm seems I spoke too soon. Thought I was having a really bad delayed reaction to my jab on Monday but tested Covid positive on Tuesday so I must have had it when I went for the booster. frown
Posted By: jimboy

Re: 4th jab yesterday - 04/11/2022 11:56

Wife,son and myself all had the booster and flu jag this morning, all good no problems apart from my build up to the jags and when the deed is done I didn’t feel a thing.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK