Fiat Coupe Club UK

Oops crashed the MGTF - lucky escape!

Posted By: G_Man

Oops crashed the MGTF - lucky escape! - 30/10/2022 20:18

Driving back from Edinburgh this afternoon on rather greasy / wet country roads and pressed the loud pedal coming out of a bend. Lost the rear end and ended up on the other side of the road in a flippin ditch grr. Insurance organised recovery and drove it back home and all seems in order apart from a cracked bumper! Note to self - drive to the conditions. School boy error blush But no injuries apart my pride so we drive another day thumb
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Oops crashed the MGTF - lucky escape! - 30/10/2022 21:06

Lucky you escaped unharmed Alan shocked

You can always mend the motor, but yourself.....

Autumn leaves as well as late afternoon sun are a nightmare this time of year.
Posted By: PaulL

Re: Oops crashed the MGTF - lucky escape! - 30/10/2022 22:51

Sorry to hear that Alan.

Best wishes

Paul
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Oops crashed the MGTF - lucky escape! - 31/10/2022 09:49

Originally Posted by G_Man
Driving back from Edinburgh this afternoon on rather greasy / wet country roads and pressed the loud pedal coming out of a bend. Lost the rear end and ended up on the other side of the road in a flippin ditch grr. Insurance organised recovery and drove it back home and all seems in order apart from a cracked bumper! Note to self - drive to the conditions. School boy error blush But no injuries apart my pride so we drive another day thumb

Ouch frown

Pleased you're ok.
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Oops crashed the MGTF - lucky escape! - 31/10/2022 19:22

When the F or TF (have both) let go, they go big time and are very difficult to save. I spun my F on a damp morning where the local refuse lorry had spilt it's hydraulic fluid, it snapped on me on a right hand turning managed to steer it well sort of, round a parked 21 plate Lexus and luckily they had a big dropped kerb drive....tracking out and a conifer dented the wing,,,,PDR removed it. You may have goosed the rear crash cans under the TFs bumper,,,,,,both F and TF sensitive to tyres so if you have some cheap crap especiall in Winter will be more of the same.....Toyos are good on the TF
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Oops crashed the MGTF - lucky escape! - 01/11/2022 11:55

But no injuries apart my pride so we drive another day thumb

Obviously you weren't trying hard enough if the car is still usable laugh

Glad you're ok.

Neil
Posted By: G_Man

Re: Oops crashed the MGTF - lucky escape! - 04/12/2022 20:48

Quick update - garage checked the car and all good on suspension etc and my insurance company asked me how I intended to repair the bumper damage. Told them £350 for primed bumper and paint so they said crack on and case closed thumb Goes down as a non-claim accident so retain my NCB.

smile
Posted By: PaulL

Re: Oops crashed the MGTF - lucky escape! - 04/12/2022 23:40

Good news !

Paul
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Oops crashed the MGTF - lucky escape! - 05/12/2022 09:48

Quick update - garage checked the car and all good on suspension etc and my insurance company asked me how I intended to repair the bumper damage. Told them £350 for primed bumper and paint so they said crack on and case closed thumb Goes down as a non-claim accident so retain my NCB.

smile

That is good news thumb
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK