Fiat Coupe Club UK

NEC Classic Motor Show this weekend

Posted By: Ali_and_Marvin

NEC Classic Motor Show this weekend - 09/11/2022 14:17

Is anyone else going along to the Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show at the NEC this weekend? Showing a vehicle, helping out or a general mooch around?

I'll be there all weekend with my other half Lez who's showing his little yellow Ginetta G33 RV8 on the Pride of Ownership stand in hall 3 so please do pop by and say hi. wave I doubt he'll win as there's stiff competiton on the stand but he certainly loves the car and (like me with mine) will turn up for the opening of an envelope to show it.

It can be a tiring though enjoyable weekend manning a club stand at the NEC and we often find it difficult to find volunteers so I'll also be helping out on the Ginetta Owners club stand, which as luck would have it is next to Pride of Ownership. (I displayed Marvin on the Ginetta club pitch at the Sywell Classic weekend back in September where he received a lot of compliments, I even gave out a couple of club calling cards thumb)

From looking at the show layout I see the Fiat Motor Club (GB) and X1/9 owners club are next to each other in hall 2 near the Silverstone Auctions stand. I'm hoping to bump into PeteP and a few friends from other clubs I'm in over the weekend but with such a big show we sometimes find the car but not the owner then get back to your stand to find they came to see you!

Apart from a general look around I'm hoping to see Dougie Lampkin doing a trial's demonstration. I remember seeing him at Goodwood Festival of Speed a few years ago.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: NEC Classic Motor Show this weekend - 09/11/2022 16:58

You're a trooper Ali smile

As you know the Club opted not to make an appearance this November, perhaps the favoured month for attending, as we have experienced considerable difficulties attracting volunteers over the four days. In addition the outlay is not inconsiderable.

However I note your remarks re the Fiat Motor Club; there have been thoughts about "piggy-backing" for a future showing involving Coupés (likely next November) using such a Club as host.

If you see PeteP he'll be glad of an easier rôle this time round I'm certain!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK