Fiat Coupe Club UK

Coupe envy

Posted By: jimboy

Coupe envy - 12/01/2023 13:01

Packing up the Coupe with shopping in Aldi car park taking my time and thinking what’s next on my agenda when this middle aged man came right up to me and the Coupe…….what kind of car is that, never seen one before, and it’s in my favourite colour. Told him, and he was really excited running back to his wife who he had left to pack away their shopping.

Aye always a good feeling when this happens……… cool
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Coupe envy - 12/01/2023 13:18

Excellent. I've had a couple of similar comments recently.

The Coupe is still turning heads.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Coupe envy - 12/01/2023 14:01

Yes, today I took BB for a run for the first time in 5 weeks (which was a mistake as the weak battery was now completely flat and the brakes binding on rolleyes ) and I passed the same old bearded gent on a bicycle in two different locations who waved at me from the handlebars, thumbs-up and general "envy" cool

Then when parking up, turning at the end of the cul-de-sac, a Merc driver (doing the same) rolled down his window to have another good-feel chat about the coop, so all-in-all a very satisfying morning smile

Changed the battery yesterday in the end.
Posted By: wink

Re: Coupe envy - 12/01/2023 21:30

Today the postie admired mine on the drive - "You don't see many of them!" smile
Posted By: mr_tickle

Re: Coupe envy - 13/01/2023 09:54

I have coupe envy - those of you who have ones you can drive!
I'm probably one summer plus a full strip down and re-build away from driving mine again.
So say 2028 at the earliest lol!
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Coupe envy - 13/01/2023 10:40

Originally Posted by mr_tickle
I have coupe envy - those of you who have ones you can drive!
I'm probably one summer plus a full strip down and re-build away from driving mine again.
So say 2028 at the earliest lol!

No no you'll have to be quicker than that, no slacking!
Posted By: PaulL

Re: Coupe envy - 13/01/2023 11:39

Mr Tickle,

At least you live somewhere with a jolly name.

There's a place near us called Merrybent !

I think that John Inman retired there.

Paul
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK