Fiat Coupe Club UK

Standard ride height

Posted By: Scuderia

Standard ride height - 22/02/2015 11:40

Has anyone documented the standard ride height of all the various models? I'm contemplating returning my Coupe to a std ride height and wondered which springs may be the best to use. 20Vt plus models look almost as low as my car anyway. Are there some aftermarket standard springs available?
Posted By: szkom

Re: Standard ride height - 22/02/2015 12:03

That's interesting, I never thought there was any difference in ride height between the models. I'd just assumed it was spring sag that gave the differing appearance.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Standard ride height - 24/02/2015 19:42

I took these measurements on my 20vt on standard springs.
The measurement was from the floor straight up using centre wheel cap for reference point, to under wheel arch.
The front was from floor to under side of bonnet. 36.5 psi (both wheels) passenger side 625mm, drivers side 640mm
Rears from ground to arch. 34psi (both wheels) passenger side 645mm. drivers side 655mm
Purely ball park figures, as the bonnet sitting height etc will be slightly different on other cars
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Standard ride height - 25/02/2015 08:22

I think a better measure to use is the height of the top of the sill at each end: it's more horizontal (as opposed to the slashes above the wheels) and less prone to error. When I had coilovers I used that measurement to adjust the sides and front/rear to be the same (or IIRC, made it point down slightly at the front). But you also need to measure on level ground.

Re: Standard ride height - 28/02/2015 00:33

Originally Posted By: DaveG
But you also need to measure on level ground.

Are you speaking from experiance Dave? I'm sure your not, but the comment made me laugh laugh

Re: Standard ride height - 04/03/2015 20:07

Just replaced one rear coil spring (I will be replacing the other one before I drive anywhere :-)). Measuring by your standard, the rear corner I have done comes to 67 cm, the other side (to be replaced) comes in at 66.5 cm.

Can't help thinking that this is a little high, but I am replacing with factory standard equivalents.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK