Fiat Coupe Club UK

9" rims and front clearance

Posted By: Saint

9" rims and front clearance - 12/10/2015 10:51

so, a forum search suggests a few have run 8.5" Azev A and C rims, as my car is 4WD I'm looking at running 9" all round as its about what I want on the back. I am keen to know about front clearance at this width - steering lock etc and what offset anyone has used to make it work

I have been running 8" - ET35 and I get the very smallest bit of inner guard rub loaded on full lock but I'm not sure if that means any extra width needs to be accommodated outwards

Any advice would be excellent

cheers
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 9" rims and front clearance - 12/10/2015 16:10

i think your rub the rear arches with a 9" rim , i have 8.5" with a 215 tyre and don't have any problems but a mate ran 225 tyre and with 2 people in the back it rubbed over pot holes and lumps in the road .
Posted By: Ferrarist

Re: 9" rims and front clearance - 12/10/2015 18:24

I doubt that you will be able to run 9" on the back.....
Have 8" rims with 235\40\17 on the back, and without grinding 2-3mm from the wheel arch i was unable to drive it. ET35.
Posted By: mattB

Re: 9" rims and front clearance - 12/10/2015 18:38

Markus used to run 9.5" on the rear: http://www.torqueitalia.com/tunedby_mark.asp
Posted By: Saint

Re: 9" rims and front clearance - 13/10/2015 09:16

thanks all, I think the rear will be OK, the 4wd is narrower track at the rear so I can have a fair offset wheel and it seems to sneak in fine

its the front I'm worried about steering - 4wd like to have the same rims/tyres all round to keep the viscous coupling happy

If Markus got a 8.5" inch in the front maybe it is doable - I think Markus is moved on long ago if memory serves - so I doubt I can get his info
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK