Fiat Coupe Club UK

Engine / Gearbox mounts

Posted By: Anonymous

Engine / Gearbox mounts - 09/05/2017 22:44

Hello glad to know you all.I have just bought my first coupe it's a 20V turbo tuned to 287.
Drives very nice but I want to get more feel from her.I would like to know about uprated engine mounts please from anybody who has knowledge of them.Thank You in advance for any help offered.

Re: Engine / Gearbox mounts - 10/05/2017 07:12

Have a look for Vibratecnics engine mounts , left and rear gearbox mounts , right engine mount .
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Engine / Gearbox mounts - 10/05/2017 07:27

Vibratechnics do a "road" and "race" set (or similar names). A full set is around £300.

Re: Engine / Gearbox mounts - 10/05/2017 09:35

Thanks guys am i right in thinking there are 3 of them then? left /right engine and one on gearbox.What about this stabalizer​ bar I have heard of. Do either of you have them fitted? Love to hear what opinions there are on them from standard ones.
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Engine / Gearbox mounts - 10/05/2017 10:14

I've used the fast road ones for years now. Love the extra drama you get from feeling the engine rev. It also made a noticeable difference to the feel of the car in the bends. As always though, when you replace a set of tired oe parts with brand new uprated parts, that difference is exaggerated...
Posted By: godders

Re: Engine / Gearbox mounts - 10/05/2017 12:31

I had to remove or "drop" the offside mount (as the Oil Cooler support bracket is sandwiched between the mount and the engine grr ) as I had a sheered bolt.

What I noticed was the rubber part of the mount was extremely soft. This is on a Yr 2000 car, so I suspect even new OE mounts would make a ton of difference. Also think about the top mount/stabilizer as these wear really fast and create a great deal of engine movement - which I suspect exaggerates the wear on the lower mounts (and exhaust components etc).
Though to be fair nothing like my old Mini's - now Morris knew how (not to) make a top engine stabilizer !!

I'm definitely going for new Vibro Mounts soon, although not sure it will fit into FY17 budget rolleyes
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Engine / Gearbox mounts - 10/05/2017 14:02

I think the vibrotechnics race mounts are called the black series.

The front struutbrace is a must do upgrade.

Re: Engine / Gearbox mounts - 11/05/2017 14:45

Thank you all that have replied it is appreciated I will speak to vibrotechnics asap I'm sure as suppliers they will have a full package including the stabiliser bar and know exactly what I need.
My coupe has done 94 thou they must be shafted I'm sure of it.
Running 287 can't be helping.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Engine / Gearbox mounts - 11/05/2017 17:12

They won't have a front strut brace. Put a wanted add in the parts wanted section.
I have one but I live in France,so posting would be expensive.

Re: Engine / Gearbox mounts - 12/05/2017 16:53

Vibrotechnics referred me too c&r enterprises Nottingham. Spoke to Steve, wow was he knowledgeable nice guy big help, sending me schematics with my £325 order to assist. Get them done soon as and let you know the good and or bad bits of spending 325 quid plus fitting of course, damn forgot about that.
Oh yeah stabiliser bar as said is not available as an upgrade only OEM.

Re: Engine / Gearbox mounts - 12/05/2017 17:01

Did you change yours bud? and why may I ask is it a must do. It's so strange why Vibro don't do one isn't it.
£325 is alot, I guess they think nobody will pay for a fourth item.
Posted By: Hoops82

Re: Engine / Gearbox mounts - 29/05/2017 22:57

A bit off topic for the OP, but do the Alfa 156 JTS mounts fit a 16vt fiat coupe? I believe I saw that they do once and have a spare set of 156 JTS engine and gearbox mounts. They certainly look identical.

Edit: should have said, part numbers are very dissimilar but they have fiatlancia written all over them.

Re: Engine / Gearbox mounts - 11/06/2017 17:04

I sent them back, basically bottled, I know what a psycho,well that's how I got my name lmao.
Actually guys I'm pretty sure my bloody manifold has a crack in it and I need the money for that instead.
I hear there is a fella on here who welds them and you can trade your split one in.
I will search the forum and sort it out soon as.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK