Fiat Coupe Club UK

Rear calipers

Posted By: patrickstar

Rear calipers - 03/07/2017 20:40

Hi all as most of us know the rear brake efficiency is pretty low even with the componsater valve maintained.
I don't use my track car much and pretty much just use it as a hobby.
I've had a few plates made to create a twin caliper set up .
I've checked with my local mot garage and no issues with doing this , I will check with brakeing efficiency on the rollers before and after also stopping distance before and after when I get an mot on it.
click to enlarge
I know it won't be to everyones taste but please comment on the pros and cons of this setup.
Posted By: szkom

Re: Rear calipers - 03/07/2017 21:04

What was the goal and how's it plumbed? I've never thought the rear end felt under braked. In fact when I first got my car it had red stuff rear pads and slotted discs which when warm made the rear twitchy.
Posted By: patrickstar

Re: Rear calipers - 03/07/2017 21:17

Hi szkom my goal is to pass the mot with better braking from the rear instead of just passing through, I've got ds2500 pads on it to.
It's not plumed in yet so not done the before and after results yet.
what I don't want is for it to lock up to easily.
I will be interested to see the results but can easily be changed back to original setup if no good.
Posted By: szkom

Re: Rear calipers - 04/07/2017 05:04

I'd be cautious of adding a second calipers worth of fluid requirement to the car as you might end up with a much longer pedal travel. The second point is that the rear of the car is very light;does it need anymore brake effort? The handbrake is marginal, but the foot brake always passes a test as it should.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK