Fiat Coupe Club UK

Trial settings for bc coilovers on track car

Posted By: jonnyboy54321

Trial settings for bc coilovers on track car - 03/06/2019 12:23

Guys - just busy fitting a set of slightly used bc coilovers to the track coupe. I'll be running an ultra 23mm rear arb, and polybushed new front wishbones and droplinks. 16" wheels with ad08r tyres. Car is caged and lightweight.

Anyone got any trial settings/heights to run with? I'm hoping to get her on the road later this week but i have very little time to get her ready for a track day 11/6.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Trial settings for bc coilovers on track car - 03/06/2019 13:22

https://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1479316/1

Have a read of this thread. It seems some bc stuff is different to others. Kevin 20 vt seems to get it sorted.

Re: Trial settings for bc coilovers on track car - 04/06/2019 21:31

Thanks for that
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Trial settings for bc coilovers on track car - 05/06/2019 05:55

Originally Posted by jonnyboy54321
I'm hoping to get her on the road later this week but i have very little time to get her ready for a track day 11/6.

Where's the track day jonny?

Re: Trial settings for bc coilovers on track car - 05/06/2019 15:30

Castle Combe.
Not the circuit I'd choose for a first time but it was organised via a pal and there aren't many going.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Trial settings for bc coilovers on track car - 05/06/2019 18:49

Originally Posted by jonnyboy54321
Castle Combe.
Not the circuit I'd choose for a first time but it was organised via a pal and there aren't many going.

You could pop in and see Flea and get it mapped while there. (If you haven't allready)
Posted By: Dazvr6

Re: Trial settings for bc coilovers on track car - 07/06/2019 10:00

They are very stiff even on the softest setting so I'd suggest you try them like that first off.
Mine were set on the softest damper setting and my ride height was around 1.5" lower than standard.
It changed direction like a fly when it was on 18's and also did a good impression of a tripod on some corners. laugh
Posted By: OnlyItalian

Re: Trial settings for bc coilovers on track car - 08/06/2019 09:25

If you're lifting a rear wheel it usually means the front is too low. I had a Golf track car a few years ago with coilovers and it did that. When I raised the front slightly it stopped lifting the rear wheel and I gained a load of front end grip.

Really to set up the coilovers properly you need to get on a track so you can explore the handling properly. When the coupe is set up right it's got great stability.

You can be really aggressive into corners, no understeer with just enough oversteer to get the nose to the apex, consistent regardless of whether you are on the brakes or not. At the same time it should never feel like it wants to switch ends. Expect a bit of corner exit understeer though. You'll never dial that out.
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Trial settings for bc coilovers on track car - 10/06/2019 14:18

Originally Posted by OnlyItalian
Expect a bit of corner exit understeer though. You'll never dial that out.

Yes you can - just needs a Quaife diff and a deep breath as you get ON the throttle when your head tells you to get off it....

The effect is usually enough to thoroughly scare owners of FWD cars and to raise eyebrows of owners of good RWD cars
Posted By: OnlyItalian

Re: Trial settings for bc coilovers on track car - 12/06/2019 08:00

They really do work don't they. Mad how you feel them pulling you in. Had a quaife ATB on the golf. Definitely gained me a chunk of lap time.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Trial settings for bc coilovers on track car - 12/06/2019 13:14

Originally Posted by OnlyItalian
They really do work don't they. Mad how you feel them pulling you in. Had a quaife ATB on the golf. Definitely gained me a chunk of lap time.

Put one on the MK Indy to replace open diff (RWD), difference was immense - no hopping or pulling, just wallop the throttle from apex and steer, you could feel the outside rear load up and push you round the corner. Made the car a lot quicker, and also a lot more fun. :-)
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK