Fiat Coupe Club UK

Spring rate conversion

Posted By: Trappy

Spring rate conversion - 14/01/2020 09:30

Quick one peeps.

I'm looking at conversion charts for springs but can't find the particular conversion I'm looking for. I have BC coilovers with 6kg/mm springs. One is fractured so needs replacing and I'm thinking about switching to the 8kg/mm springs on the fronts while I'm at it.

I've seen a few references to the springs in FK coilovers at 80NM, 100NM and 110NM. How do these compare to the BCs? Is the NM figure simply divided by 9.81 to compare to KGs?

Cheers!
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Spring rate conversion - 14/01/2020 17:00

What's the thinking about going 8kl at the fronts?

You have probably read what others used at the end of Begbie thread. 6kl seemed the sweet spot.
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Spring rate conversion - 14/01/2020 17:24

I hadn't seen that Joe. Most of the posts on BC coilovers are about the issues and I haven't gone over them in a while. I'll have a nose, cheers.

As for the thinking. Well, I assumed it was for a more aggressive set up, more for track use than the 6s. I've got nothing to gauge this against yet though so was trying to get an idea of their strength in relation to more tried and tested springs / coilovers.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Spring rate conversion - 14/01/2020 21:43

I'm sorry I can't contribute more on the subject as I don't know much about the technical stuff.
When doing mine I looked at who was sucsesfull at setting up a fast road/track coupe. So I kinda copied a few folks and ended up with Osrav's and eibach springs like Nigel's.

It has to be noted that a lot of track coupes have dropped a fair bit of weight of the front ends. I have even removed headlights.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK