Fiat Coupe Club UK

BC Racing

Posted By: Felsen

BC Racing - 29/04/2021 12:00

Hi guys.

I have just bought a set of BC's BR coilovers and wonders how much adjustment for hardness should be in front and rear? Anyone have a good reciepe for the road or/and track for a 20VT?

Cheers
Posted By: patrickstar

Re: BC Racing - 29/04/2021 14:28

I think they have around 17 clicks on them .
Mine are set around 11 front and 14 rear but I have no weight in mine .
Posted By: magooagain

Re: BC Racing - 29/04/2021 20:24

https://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1481921/1
Have a read of this thread.
Posted By: Felsen

Re: BC Racing - 30/04/2021 11:57

Yes I have read this thread magooagain, a long time ago. Think I'll try patrickstar's reciepe as a start, thx a lot!

Just another question, in a YouTube video of unpacking a BR set for the 20VT the rear shocks have stickers readable with adjustment in top, but on mine the stickers is upside down so when you read the adjuster is in the bottom. Shall the adjust wheel at the top?
Posted By: Trappy

Re: BC Racing - 09/06/2021 17:26

Originally Posted by patrickstar
I think they have around 17 clicks on them .
Mine are set around 11 front and 14 rear but I have no weight in mine .

My BC Coilovers are currently set on full soft and I'm going to try tweaking them soon as the car handles like a pogo-stick. I'm tempted to go with your 11 front, 14 rear to start but I'm wondering what other modifications you have that might influence the oversteer / understeer bias such as:
Front /rear ARB(s)
Quaife ATB

Re: BC Racing - 12/08/2021 08:31

Sorry for late reply not on here much atm

I've got rear 22mm arb
Racing engine mounts
Front strut
Black series bushings
Full rollgage
around 90kg -120kg weight reduction
Toyo r888r
Bc racing coilovers
Team Dynamics
Rear wing
Rear diffuser
Toyo exhaust
Probably other bits aswell

Re: BC Racing - 12/08/2021 12:12

Sorry for late reply not on here much atm

I've got rear 22mm arb
Racing engine mounts
Front strut
Black series bushings
Full rollgage
around 90kg -120kg weight reduction
Toyo r888r
Bc racing coilovers
Team Dynamics
Rear wing
Rear diffuser
Toyo exhaust
Probably other bits aswell

No worries, I went ahead and set mine up at 11 front, 14 rear a few weeks back and am very happy with it. Thanks for that thumb My spec is very similar to yours:
22mm rear ARB
Fast road engine mounts
Front strut
Lower front brace (The Nigel)
Stripped out
Yoko AD08R
BC racing coilovers
Compomotive MO5 wheels
Quaife ATB

8 point weld in roll cage is currently being fitted (a fair bit more welding is required first...) and I have some Alfa GTV braces to go on at some point. Polybushes will go in when the suspension is refurbed, hopefully including a GTV rear set-up.

Are you using an 'off the shelf' diffuser?

Re: BC Racing - 12/08/2021 13:23

Nice set up once your cage is fitted and tracking set up it's amazing how well they handle.
As for the bumper I took the diffuser from a Volvo and merged it with mine some cutting, plastic filler and a carbon fibre box to house my cartek rain light then paint later I'm very happy with it.
Carnt remember how to post pics on here otherwise I'd post some .
Good luck with the cage , mine is a sunroof model so ended up fitting a slimline sunroof so the cage would fit .

Re: BC Racing - 12/08/2021 16:31

Nice set up once your cage is fitted and tracking set up it's amazing how well they handle.
As for the bumper I took the diffuser from a Volvo and merged it with mine some cutting, plastic filler and a carbon fibre box to house my cartek rain light then paint later I'm very happy with it.
Carnt remember how to post pics on here otherwise I'd post some .
Good luck with the cage , mine is a sunroof model so ended up fitting a slimline sunroof so the cage would fit .

I can't wait to see the difference it makes. So few Coupé owners seem to fit cages and those that do rarely talk about the driving experience after on the forum. I figure, considering how floppy the chassis is as standard, it's got to make a huge improvement to both ride and handling.

Did you have yours corner weighted?

I would like to see if - can I PM you my email address?

Thanks! So far, 3 of the proposed 8 mounting points are rust so that's all being fixed in the coming weeks.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: BC Racing - 27/08/2021 15:36

Give me a shout if you want rear Gtv set up photos.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK